200 dual exhaust

65sixstang

Hello everyone,

Haven't posted on here too much, but just getting to the point of being able to drive my 65 mustang for the first time in about 4-5 years. I am getting ready to put dual out headers on it(vintage inlines) and am not sure what exhaust system to go with. I am up in the air between vintage inlines arginine or impostor(still haven't heard more than a few videos of each) of dual out 1.76" pipes to flowmeter 40"s with x pipe. Can anyone give their input on each system and which would have the best performance improvement. As of right not it's a stock 200 that I will eventually be building up. Tried searching on these exhausts but didn't come up with a lot.
Thanks!

Do some searching for the Speed Daddy header dual outlet they are a dual 2 inch outlet relatively cheap, i currently have them on my comet with pipes to glasspacks and then dump out passenger side just in front of the rear wheel. It sound mean almost like a v8 and i still have the stock cam in it. Now full disclosure i did have to file the holes for 2 of the mounting bolts out a little to actually get proper fitment, and the included bolts for the compression coupler for the extension pipes arent long enough but other than that ive had no issues with the headers and would overall suggest them.

"...would overall suggest them...."
& I'd point to our member's stock (Matt at vintageinlines.com) as a lill better product
also designed specifically for your 'falcon motor'.

I'm running the dual out header and Arvinode exhaust from VintageInlines. I love the sound but it might be a little loud for many. I would highly recommend the combo. Even if you go with the imposter setup , I think you'll be happy.

If you do a YouTube search for "Waldron Arvinode inline 6" you should find a video of a nice series to check out. VI is the exclusive retailer for that setup.

Cheers! :beer:

If you have the CI head I would go with headers with 1 5/8" primaries. Iron head engines go with 1 1/2" primaries.
A crossover & an X pipe will take some of the drone out of the system.
Look at all the exhausts on inline Mercedes & BMW systems. You may learn something.
This is my setup with Hooker full length headers with 1 1/2" primaries.
DSC_0007.jpg

cr_bobcat":2rdv11ju said:
I'm running the dual out header and Arvinode exhaust from VintageInlines. I love the sound but it might be a little loud for many. I would highly recommend the combo. Even if you go with the imposter setup , I think you'll be happy.

If you do a YouTube search for "Waldron Arvinode inline 6" you should find a video of a nice series to check out. VI is the exclusive retailer for that setup.

Cheers! :beer:

That's exactly what I was looking for. I have seen the YouTube video, but it's the only one out there and hadn't heard too many comments on the combo. Do you have any videos or sound clips of your system? Did it install fairly easy? What size exhaust did you go with? From what I can tell it has a whole different sound with that system?

As far as the CI head...Would love to, but realistically I am a year or 2 away from being able to afford that. Once the kids are out of daycare and i'm not paying an arm and a leg every week. As of now i'm trying to get some of the other odds and ends done while I have the time/money just to get the car drivable/reliable.

chad":2npfyjyt said:
"...would overall suggest them...."
& I'd point to our member's stock (Matt at vintageinlines.com) as a lill better product
also designed specifically for your 'falcon motor'.

Did anyone ever confirm that there were separate people making them... last I heard they were all thought to be coming from the same manufacturer who had supplied Classic Inlines.

I'll have to go check everything. I have posted a couple if clips to the M6A Facebook page. I don't have an account anywhere that I upload video to so let me see what I can do.

I think I'm running a 2" exhaust. I'm not sure about how hard the install was as I had a shop here do it. I've got too many distractions with the kiddos to tackle large jobs like that. Plus, I don't weld....

As far as the headers are concerned, they are the same thing. If you source them from VintageInlines, you Wil actually get a decent gasket. The one that comes with the header originally is almost guaranteed to be destroyed die to the way the manufacturer boxes things up.

Back