D.U.I. upgrade........

64falconsix

Supporter 2022
Supporter 2018
Don't know if design has changed but I have 1 of the earlier DUI distributors....and had what seemed at the time the common (look up DUI leak thread ) o ring leak. I had performance distributors send me a new O ring which was way too small in thickness but found one at a local hardware store that was close but a little too thick and had to fight to get in......fast forward a few years it ended up getting hard and leaking.... the SAE seals were either too thin or too thick...after some research and testing I found the correct size 2mm x 28mm in a viton 75 (0.68 cents) which is premium material for what it is used for ....high temp, oil resistant.....2nd issue the distributor hold down which pulls the housing to one side when tightened.......UPR products makes a hold down of billet aluminum ( $23.00 ) that clamps down evenly and doesn't pull to the side.....i added the S.S. Allen head bolt as it is easier to tighten......hope this helps someone that has had the DUI leak .15024696931221054069000.jpg

thanks, been having this "leaking" problem for years with my 1st gen DUI dizzy, Thanks for searching. I've even asked DUI for new O-rings, and they seem to leak also, probably because of the stock hold down clamp. (y)

I don't have a leak but I sure would like one of those dizzy hold down clamps! Do you have a part# and web site?

Mach1Mark":sejrgsfj said:
thanks, been having this "leaking" problem for years with my 1st gen DUI dizzy, Thanks for searching. I've even asked DUI for new O-rings, and they seem to leak also, probably because of the stock hold down clamp. (y)
Mark, thats great info. I use viton custom seals on all my DS11 recurves.
I can recurve your DUI. Call me @ 843-202-0280 Bill

Back