THERE IS A VIDEO FOR A WEBER CONVERSION FOR THE 200

StarDiero75

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2018
Howdy everyone,

I just posted a much needed weber conversion video for anyone who needed it. I noticed there wasn't one and since I started the conversion I thought I'd make a video. It's on YouTube under the name "Weber Conversion for Ford 200" or follow the link below.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yvOCZ3rql7Y

Have fun,
Ryan

Thank you so much for takin the time to do the vid/post the link.
I esp appreiate U citing vintage inlines (& to lesser extent) HAMB/jolopie.

What's yer distributor?
What was the result w/ the carb vac line (re-hook it up?, cont w/o?)
It was odd to C the fiel regulator on the fire wall, why & did U keep it @ 3 lb for the 32/36.
Lastly - I have an off roader...can this carb wrk for the gradients? (fuel starve & slosh)?

chad":27qhtbh7 said:

What's yer distributor?
It was odd to C the fiel regulator on the fire wall, why & did U keep it @ 3 lb for the 32/36.
Lastly - I have an off roader...can this carb wrk for the gradients? (fuel starve & slosh)?

You're welcome man, I was disappointed that nobody else has done this yet.
The distributor is a small cap HEI from CRT Performance. It works mighty well. It's a 40k volt I believe.

I didn't drive the car with the distributor vac line off so I couldn't tell you. I just know that when setting timing you should disconnect it. I've been running straight mechanical advance for awhile now with my old carb so the weber actually using it was nice.

I put it on the firewall to make it easy to access if need be. I think it looks a little cleaner there but that's just my opinion. Yes I did keep it at 3 psi, because it worked fine.

I'm not sure how the carb works for gradients, I know they're pretty durable carbs so I don't see why not. Is it for a Bronco or something? I'm no weber expert, this is all new to me but I don't see why it wouldn't work, I took some turns a little quicker after I put it on and it didn't act funny like my 1 barrel holley 1904.

Thank you.

Nice video. I have a 38/38 going on my 250. Along with a cam and aussie head. Just watching this video makes me wanna get it done. Ill do headers eventually when i can afford that and a new full exhaust.

frozenrabbit":1sckomjg said:
would be nice if the video was of the actual conversion, not just it on there.
I'm sorry man but I didn't think about it till I got the carb on. It's better than anything else out there since there ain't anything on it.

Llink78":13oeysti said:
Nice video. I have a 38/38 going on my 250. Along with a cam and aussie head. Just watching this video makes me wanna get it done. Ill do headers eventually when i can afford that and a new full exhaust.
Nice, the crossflow is gonna help it out plus the headers. It's totally worth it man. I suggest cable linkage, I've been having a few issues with the mechanical linkage. Like it won't go FOT so I'm gonna go the auto wreckers tomorrow and get the linkage out of this maverick

I plan on doing this swap to my 170 later this winter hopefully and will do probably both write up and a video of the process involved using mostly VI and parts from my gracious employer. Then then all will be documented for future use

62Cometman":327mhn9g said:
I plan on doing this swap to my 170 later this winter hopefully and will do probably both write up and a video of the process involved using mostly VI and parts from my gracious employer. Then then all will be documented for future use
Nice, it's definitely worth it. It makes the car run so much smoother. You'll need to adjust your jet sizes though, I think you'll run too rich if you use the ones I used. Also, use cable linkage, my mechanical linkage works but I can't go WOT, it opens the secondary a little bit. I gotta go to the auto wreckers and pull this out of a 63 falcon. I went and got it today but the fricker wanted $40 for it, it was worth no more than $20. So I'm gonna wait till the other guy, whose reasonable, is there so I can probably get it for $20.

StarDiero75":3kozr062 said:
Llink78":3kozr062 said:
Nice, the crossflow is gonna help it out plus the headers. It's totally worth it man. I suggest cable linkage, I've been having a few issues with the mechanical linkage. Like it won't go FOT so I'm gonna go the auto wreckers tomorrow and get the linkage out of this maverick
Lucky for me its on my 69. Its alrdy a cable linkage. Might have to just get a longer cable if anything.

Llink78":24zqrlqx said:
StarDiero75":24zqrlqx said:
Llink78":24zqrlqx said:
Lucky for me its on my 69. Its alrdy a cable linkage. Might have to just get a longer cable if anything.

Nice. Are you running a 200 or 170 or 250? And in a falcon?

StarDiero75":311dw5ai said:
Llink78":311dw5ai said:
StarDiero75":311dw5ai said:

It's a 69 mustang 250. And I'm in the states. Took me
Forever to find an Aussie head.

StarDiero75":284mqzvt said:
chad":284mqzvt said:

What's yer distributor?

The distributor is a small cap HEI from CRT Performance. It works mighty well. It's a 40k volt I believe.

I didn't drive the car with the distributor vac line off so I couldn't tell you. I just know that when setting timing you should disconnect it. I've been running straight mechanical advance for awhile now with my old carb so the weber actually using it was nice.

I put it on the firewall to make it easy to access if need be. I think it looks a little cleaner there but that's just my opinion. Yes I did keep it at 3 psi, because it worked fine.

I'm not sure how the carb works for gradients, I know they're pretty durable carbs so I don't see why not. Is it for a Bronco or something? I'm no weber expert, this is all new to me but I don't see why it wouldn't work, I took some turns a little quicker after I put it on and it didn't act funny like my 1 barrel holley 1904.
I hate to burst your bubble, but everyone of those HEI's I have tested on my Sun Tester the curve was a disaster. I hate to give negative feedback on them, but I have had to do a major recurve on each one. They look good, but you have no idea what you purchased.
The DS11 is superior in being able to pinpoint the curve needed. Bill
Thanks for the utube video though.

wsa111":29tbjk7v said:
StarDiero75":29tbjk7v said:
chad":29tbjk7v said:

What's yer distributor?

I hate to burst your bubble, but everyone of those HEI's I have tested on my Sun Tester the curve was a disaster. I hate to give negative feedback on them, but I have had to do a major recurve on each one. They look good, but you have no idea what you purchased.
The DS11 is superior in being able to pinpoint the curve needed. Bill
Thanks for the utube video though.

Are there still places that recurve distributors? I have no way of testing that or know how.

Llink78":9yd34a0r said:
StarDiero75":9yd34a0r said:
Llink78":9yd34a0r said:

Did you get the head shipped from Australia or did you luckily find someone willing to ditch one?

"...Are there still places that recurve distributors? I have no way of testing that or know how..."
yes, we have several members on here that do that w/a sun diagnositic machine I believe.

StarDiero75":3a14cwq1 said:
Llink78":3a14cwq1 said:
StarDiero75":3a14cwq1 said:
Did you get the head shipped from Australia or did you luckily find someone willing to ditch one?
Actually found it on here. Was in a 250 on a ford bronco "recently" rebuilt a few years ago alrdy. I got the head, intake and Weber 38 for under $1000 shipped. Came with lots of extra gaskets and even got a new intake gasket.

Back