Ford 170 Dimensions For Test Stand

Wascator

Hi, I am slowly getting the parts together to reassemble the 170, and I have started to build a combination test and storage stand. Off hand, can anyone suggest the dimension from the rear side of the radiator to the engine mounts? I am using a stock radiator that I ran across in a salvage Maverick; I failed to take this measurement in that car and don't have one of my own, just the engine.
Thanks!

I used some raceway/duct hanger 'Versa-Bar' and a spare ' 50Chevy radiator. If you plan to actually run the engine, you need a BH, FW/ Cvtr or FW/clutch and tranny for starter with simple setup. .

A test stand is invaluable for initial start-ups of modified engines.

100_7474.jpg

100_4433_zps202876dd.jpg

100_4480_zps9c622038.jpg

100_4483_zpsb61560f5.jpg

100_4485_zpsfa267aab.jpg

have fun

Thanks, sounds great. I have the flywheel and bell housing, but not a transmission (yet). I can support the rear of the engine with the bell housing OK.
On further thinking about this, it really does not matter where I put the engine mounts because I have an electric fan from the U-Pull and so long as I am far enough away from the radiator that the water pump does not hit, I am OK. I can get radiator hoses which will work of course.
If it looks presentable I will post some pics.
RR

duz not have 2 B as much as U may think.
I used bed iron & C channel.
The bed iron (L shaped) created the legs. I was able to slide a bolt/washer along the C to the motor mounts (in frnt) and the bell (in back) & run a nut/washer down frm the top. A lill strap w/a twist & holes drilled did likewise @ bell (a change in direction).
I pretty much did as powerband on battery,fan, gages & gas feed.

nice job, bro!

Enjoy it now - soon you'll B onto the dickless stuff like paint color, v/c, real hoses, etc
(yuck, what happened to all the fun?)
:nono:
:rolflmao:
BTW: got the 5 speed adapters on today

Back