200cid carb alternates? D2Pf-EA?

pic would B great

super4ord":9swmx5kd said:
Well, I've driven the 1980 Mustang with the chinese knockoff YF for a couple of days now. I have the hot air choke adjusted all the way off. It is definitely cold natured that way. After it warms up, it runs pretty good. I still need to do some tweaking though. It doesn't have quite as much get up and go as the original Holley 1946. So far, gas mileage seems to be about the same. I am using the vacuum port at the base of the carb for distributor advance and the port from an early large bore (1.75") factory adapter for the PCV valve.

I have a new reproduction early 200 style exhaust manifold with the heat passage to install yet. I'll have to bend up a heat tube to the carb from this. The current exhaust manifold has the catalytic converter built in. It has a leak at the front port where the smog stuff is plumbed in. I think it might be partially clogged also.

I've timed it by RPM/vacuum, since it seems as the balancer ring has slipped. I have a new one that needs to be put on yet. Hopefully I can get this stuff done in 2 weeks, after I get back from church camp. I'll try to update then.

Darrell

I am curious why you decided to ditch the Holley 1946, (I am looking for two or three more 1946 cores to use to build a 3 X 1V or a 4 X 1V setup) to me they are a well though out design. On your exhaust system I think you will be much better off gutting out the old convertor and staying with the manafold you have it will out flow any of the early model exhaust manafolds and with a little bit of work they can even be made into a duel exhaust system too. Good luck on your 1980 Mustang :nod:

because the 1946 is like a foo fighter lifting off

Another pipe, and it could Axxxl Probe your Axx!!!!!

Even with the much more extensive and well mapped colors on the last 1983 X VIN code 3.3,

there was never a colored VECI diagram...no-one wants the 1946c.

to get the right Vehicle Emissions Control Information decal, you just goota see RED 78' and his stuff

engne_label_decode.jpg

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread. ... alibration
79mustangcobra":3j83wrdu said:
I have to say that without Foxchassis and Jeff(85GTTops) I would be as lost as a goose in the fog on some of this stuff. I have to thank both of them for their great help!

Well I found on Ebay a factory emission guide for 1979 and 1980 Fords. It covers every engine and every calibration along with the part #s. It is very sweet!

I was confused at how to find my Mustangs Vehicle Calibration, so I found out and scanned it in for all of you to see.

howtofindcalibration.jpg

So looking at this

d7dbf798.jpg

And now the new one ( Red78 ) Made for me - thanks!!

DAVEENGINESTICK.jpg

My Calibration is this (9-11A-RO) Date: 6-7-78

MustangCalibration.jpg

If you need to know what yours is and you have a 79-80 Ford let me know and I will help. I hope this helps you see how this works.

There are 38 VECI diagrams to plough through, just for the 1978 to 1981 3.3's alone.
http://myzephyrs.com/vacuum_diagrams.htm
you have to find the right one by the method above

The sadest thing is how poor the 1981-1983 Fox Electrical Vacuum and Trouble Shooting manuals are...78-80, really good.

The 81-83, shockingly wrong, and the base manuals lead you to believe all Fox cars are Feedback, yet they only give you information for the 2.3 liter four.

Back