Ideas for Electric Radiator Fan

schaferstephen

Hey all, looking for some guidance on my electric fan situation. As the engine sits now, I have 2-1/4" clearance from the water pump pulley nose to the radiator - I'm calling that 2" even to allow for wiggle room.

I saw this fan listen in a recent thread:
https://the-fan-man.com/product/side-wi ... c-fan-kit/

I know this would work for me, but I was hoping to not spend $400 on this. I have been looking for other fans with a thickness of <2", but I haven't found any yet... So here are my alternative ideas.

1. Buy a single fan and offset it on the radiator so the motor doesn't bump into the water pump pulley.

2. Buy 2 smaller fans and stagger them (Upper left / bottom right) of the radiator, again, so the fan motor is offset

In either of these scenarios, I could simply mount the fans with their brackets, or I could utilize some sheet plastic or aluminum to fabricate a shroud for them. But, as always... what is y'all advice?

ck our numerous threads (use the Search function) here on this conversion. They R complete...

(best is the ford Contour install. Throw the temp guage/on,off switch into the thermos. housing; install 40 amp relay; strap the shroud/fans on; double ck ur alternator for required output... can't remember it all) -

HEY THERE MAN! I hope your build has been going ok.
I'll be back on the north shore in about 5 days and Ive got some goodies in the mail that are going on the mustang.

Anyways, what size radiator are you using? If using the big one, you could use the contour fans, but you will have to do a little cutting on the shroud to make it fit.

I know people dont want to spend too much money on stuff, but the flex a lite variable fan controller I have on mine is pretty awesome and I highly recommend it. Figure the controller and a quick run to the junk yard and you have a good set up for $200-$230.

Other option is what you said. Get a sheet of aluminum and find some fans to mount to it and make your own.

I am tempted to do this with the contour fans on mine.

Good luck and I will message ya when I get back to the states man.

69stang_250":3cbgiw6v said:
HEY THERE MAN! I hope your build has been going ok.
I'll be back on the north shore in about 5 days and Ive got some goodies in the mail that are going on the mustang.

Anyways, what size radiator are you using? If using the big one, you could use the contour fans, but you will have to do a little cutting on the shroud to make it fit.

I know people dont want to spend too much money on stuff, but the flex a lite variable fan controller I have on mine is pretty awesome and I highly recommend it. Figure the controller and a quick run to the junk yard and you have a good set up for $200-$230.

Other option is what you said. Get a sheet of aluminum and find some fans to mount to it and make your own.

I am tempted to do this with the contour fans on mine.

Good luck and I will message ya when I get back to the states man.

Hey dude!! Hope all is well! My build is... Going. Supposedly my mechanic is gonna break the beast in Saturday so... I hope he sticks to schedule. I wanna get this donneeee....

As far as the fan goes, I ended up going with the Summit racing brand low profile 14"... I have a Champion 3 row aluminum radiator that is stock dimension, so this 14" fan should basically cover the entire radiator... It's rated for 1,200 cfm, which... Hopefully will keep this cool. If not, I'll look into cutting the support and adding a narrower, wider radiator with some sort of stock Ford fan. But hopefully this will do the trick!

Good luck with your project as well!

Back