Carb upgrade - PCV hookup

I didn't us the spacer between the carb and the adapter. Should I have? Why?

I ended up placing a nipple in the outlet for the trans modulator, attaching an air line T to the nipple and a air line barb to the left/back arm for the PCV and screwed in the modulator hard line to the right/front arm. It all works just fine.

The only complaint I have, so far, with the new carb, is the sound of the universe being sucked down the venturi. Going to get a air cleaner adapter and find me a tin can to put on top. I guess 15" from a 2bbl is the best fit. Correct?

Thanks for all the responses. They were all very interesting and educational.

The carb needs and air cleaner and the air cleaner needs to be covered.

All log head 1-bbl hole sixes, even with a 1.3" hole like mine had, then become very quiet.

Its not the adaptor that makes noise, it is the lack of a proper, factory air cleaner and flame arrestor. The PCV also seals the rocker cover, and quietens down the valve gear.

What 1-bbl to 2-bbl adaptor fitting are you using?

The sound is because the primary venturi is very small, and the secondary is partly open, and the top of the 32/36 carb is knife edged to send the air into the emulsion tubes. You can't fix any of that, only suppress the noise.

JB Weld or DevCon can be placed on the edges to even out the air flow.

The filler should have iron tie wire embeded inside it to ensure it never comes loose to be ingested in the carb or engine.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/26804743/How ... vid-Vizard

Page 68 "How to Modify Ford SOHC Engines" by David Vizard

Back