Opinions?

19Spaceage60

CL posting in my area.. The Engine is a 65'
This would eventually replace my current 200 (with a 170 head) and air cooled 2speed.
Owner says it's been garage stored. im more interested (after reading many posts on this forum on 2speed to C4 upgrades) in the complete transmission.. of course it will need a rebuild..
thoughts, concerns or ideas?

19Spaceage60":3hj3f857 said:
CL posting in my area.. The Engine is a 65'
This would eventually replace my current 200 (with a 170 head) and air cooled 2speed.
Owner says it's been garage stored. im more interested (after reading many posts on this forum on 2speed to C4 upgrades) in the complete transmission.. of course it will need a rebuild..
thoughts, concerns or ideas?

Yes to me a C4 is a great upgrade for a vintage Falcon or Comet that's now using a 2 speed. Good luck :nod:

Hi, since you don't know the condition of the engine and tranny, I would assume the worst. Why not just plan on a tranny swap if your engine is in good shape. Get the Falcon Performance Handbook to get the most out of your Ford drivetrain. Good luck

"...CL posting in my area.. The Engine is a 65'..."
I don't see the CL sales post, I don't know what the '65 motor is but a C4 is G R E A T transmission (to pair up w/just bout anything) 4 ur 200..

more details given / more details returned
:eek:

Spaceage60":ccz6mwcp said:

and"
" on the out side

00808_jaayWfwu3Lk_600x450.jpg

It looks okay to me if you got it for about 200. Offer 150 first.

(y) nice and looks like there is a good chance it would even run! Good luck :nod:

If it was a known runner it might be worth close to that but hard to determine the condition.

Back