PERTRONIX IGNITION

65sixstang

Hey everyone,

I have already purchased a pertronix ignition and rebuilt my autolite 1100 on my 65 200ci. Because I already have these and I do not have the money for a non svc carb and DS11 I would like to stay with the pertronix for now. Is there an ignition coil that I can buy now to work with the pertronix and will also work well with a DS11 later down the road? If so any reccomendations?
Thanks!

I just happen to have my Falcon Performance Handbook opened to the section on ignition upgrades and Crane, Accel, Mallory, MSD and Jacobs are mentioned as good choices. Pertronix makes performance coils also.

With the DS11 distributor, the MSD Blaster 2 & 3 have a .7 primary resistance. The Protronix coil has 1.5-2.0 primary resistance.
I have a used Protronix coil chrome flamethrower i will sell for $10.00 plus shipping. It works fine with the Protronix 1 conversion, but is not recommended for use with the DS11 using the MSD box or using a HEI module which requires the lower primary resistance.
Coils are inexpensive so get the one that works with the Protronix like the flame thrower.

wsa111":3ncnnb3o said:
With the DS11 distributor, the MSD Blaster 2 & 3 have a .7 primary resistance. The Protronix coil has 1.5-2.0 primary resistance.
I have a used Protronix coil i will sell for $10.00 plus shipping. It works fine with the Protronix 1 conversion, but is not recommended for use with the DS11 or using a HEI module which requires the lower primary resistance.
Coils are inexpensive so get the one that works with the Protronix.

Interested in the used coil. Condition? Used lightly? How much for shipping to 14559?
Thanks!

Very good condition. Shipping would be $10.00. PM me or email me. Bill

Back