200 with 350 Holley

Hi lads, looking at ditching my Autolite 1100 for a 350 holley.
Anyone who has done this or have suggestions / pictures of their accelerator and kick down set up ?
Ive picked up a HEI dizzy too.
What sort of jet should i drop it too in Holley?

A 59 or 60 main jet, but the WOT orifices under the power valve could be leaned a couple of thou.
A professional carb. shop or i can do that mod & install screw in jets in the metering block under the power valve.
If you do a direct mount you will see a great difference.

Hi, I did the complete head swap with a two barrel adapter brazed on. See it on 1hotvega ebay site. Now the engine breathes, and the pedal is almost never on the floor like it used to be. 3 speed in a Bronco, so no kick down issue. I did use a lokar throttle cable. Get the Falcon Performance Handbook before you do anything. Good luck

bernie_ramone":ok4clmie said:
... suggestions / pictures of their accelerator and kick down set up ?Ive picked up a HEI dizzy too.

The Holley 7448 350 CFM 2300 series was used in all kinds of displacement engines, mostly small V8's. Widely available( IE: inexpensive), all the parts and gaskets for standard Holley 4150 and similar aftermarket 4bbl's at Summit/Jegs etc.. . The (often cheaper $) 500 CFM version 4412 looks almost same but is not as simple for a responsive tune on mild 200's.

Important to check PV , often equipped with high- vacuum release PV's causing early over-enrichment with small displacement 200. Typical 4412/7448 main jetting @ Holley # 61 - 71 , see what the carb you get starts with, work from there ...

Accel can use modified pushrod or simple change-over to pull-pedal cable of Maverick/Grenada ...

'built' 170 in my '63 wagon:

000_0070.jpg

350/4412's are favorite carb for modifying for my blow-though carburetor forced induction project . :

IMG_0035_zps3ags5ins.jpg

100_5126_zps6ygvmkdd.jpg

have fun

powerband":pxu2qiin said:
bernie_ramone":pxu2qiin said:
... suggestions / pictures of their accelerator and kick down set up ?Ive picked up a HEI dizzy too.

The Holley 7448 350 CFM 2300 series was used in all kinds of displacement engines, mostly small V8's. Widely available( IE: inexpensive), all the parts and gaskets for standard Holley 4150 and similar aftermarket 4bbl's at Summit/Jegs etc.. . The (often cheaper $) 500 CFM version 4412 looks almost same but is not as simple for a responsive tune on mild 200's.

Important to check PV , often equipped with high- vacuum release PV's causing early over-enrichment with small displacement 200. Typical 4412/7448 main jetting @ Holley # 61 - 71 , see what the carb you get starts with, work from there ...

Accel can use modified pushrod or simple change-over to pull-pedal cable of Maverick/Grenada ...

'built' 170 in my '63 wagon:

000_0070.jpg

350/4412's are favorite carb for modifying for my blow-though carburetor forced induction project . :

IMG_0035_zps3ags5ins.jpg

100_5126_zps6ygvmkdd.jpg

have fun
Some times the 7.5 or 8.5 power valve is necessary to fill a lean hole in the mixture during acceration.
Accelerator pump discharge can also cover this lean hole if necessary.
A wideband A/F tester is a must for exact calibration.

thanks lads, some good ideas and cool pics :)
My book is on route from USA.
Will drop dizzy in soon and test, before holley and adapters.
:beer: BernieDSC_1154.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_1684.JPG
    9.2 MB · Views: 85
Back