Gassy smell from 200

Run the iridium, last 10 times longer & require less voltage to fire & the center electrode in not shrouded by the side electrode. The end result is a better flame kernel. Gap at .045"
Make sure you have no more than 3# fuel pressure to the weber which you previously stated.
Check your gas tank cap for proper venting.

wsa111":by30zpf5 said:
Run the iridium, last 10 times longer & require less voltage to fire & the center electrode in not shrouded by the side electrode. The end result is a better flame kernel. Gap at .045"
Make sure you have no more than 3# fuel pressure to the weber which you previously stated.
Check your gas tank cap for proper venting.
I figured you say something about the plugs, haha. I have them gapped to that now and I'll probably lower the pressure slightly. It should be at 3 now so lowering it shouldn't do anything.

How do I make sure the cap is venting right? It's an original 65 Ranchero cap. I really don't want to have to buy a new one since they're like $80+.

Also, my front 2 studs on the weber weren't tight enough, I noticed gas droplets around the studs so I tightened them down, I noticed the smell died down a bit. It might've been running lean, which explains why my mileage has been crappy

after mrkt caps R not that much.
Go to 1 of the big box stores (I wuz an "autozoner" 4 five yrs but try any of them - I like NAPA) & walk up to the desk & order (they're in stock I believe) one by Y/M/M.
NO? drill a lill hole inid.

D U need a return line to the tank frm the carb? I have not followed ur thread...

chad":2znxae37 said:
after mrkt caps R not that much.
Go to 1 of the big box stores (I wuz an "autozoner" 4 five yrs but try any of them - I like NAPA) & walk up to the desk & order (they're in stock I believe) one by Y/M/M.
NO? drill a lill hole inid.

D U need a return line to the tank frm the carb? I have not followed ur thread...
The Ranchero gas caps are expensive, like $80+.
I do not have a return line from carb, I didn't think I needed one with the mechanical fuel pump. I'll check the pressure though, It should be set to 3lb but maybe that's too high.

"...Ranchero gas caps are expensive, like $80+…"
Crazy. Falcon, nother 'like' model? (not stang tho cuz they want more 4 them).
OR
take the current 1 in, go to the "Help" section (self serve - lill cardboard cards, usually yellow, green, red; shrink wraped) & choose 1 that matches.

Back