200 Build update - a couple things left to decide

Shelly6

What I have decided so far for my street build: (thanks to all of you on the forum :beer: )

Head: D8. Done! Given the full Handbook treatment! 2V conversion, 3-angle, backcut, .075 milled, 1.5 exhaust, ported
Carb: In hand! Autolite 2100, 1.08. 48 jets.
Cam: Ordered! Schneider 256/256. duration 204/204 at .050. Lift .420/.420 Lobe separation 112
Headers: Speed Daddy duel outlet
Ignition: DSII. Bill is waiting for some final decisions to be made and then he will have it to re-curve

:banghead: What I still need to decide:

Pistons: Still listening to all input on stock vs. flat top. Last time I asked for feedback you didn't know what cam I was going to end up with. Now you do! Keep in mind the head is milled and the block will be zero decked and bored .030 so my compression is already getting up there. But I live at 6000+ feet!

Rockers: I figure I'll just re-use my 1.5 rockers and pushrods. Schneider is sending me new lifters. Am I leaving low end power on the table by not upgrading my rockers?

Anything else I am not thinking of? Block gets pulled next weekend! This is FINALLY HAPPENING!! (it's been 19 years since I inherited this car from my mom!)

in regard to pistons, run the numbers on a good compression ratio calculator and see which set up gets you as close to 9.5-10:1 compression as possible.

your stock rockers will be just fine as long as they are in good shape. the cam was designed to use those rockers.

Thats a mild cam so i would go with dished pistons. I like sealed power with plasma moly rings as long as your machine shop can hone the bores as smooth as possible & a plateau finish hone would be the best for ring breakin & seal. Stock rockers would be ok, but if your bank account can handle it 1.6 or 1.65 would give you more power.
Make sure the cam is decreed in straight up or 2 degrees advance. Bill

To get a more accurate compression ratio number togeather with your pistion choice, have you had the head CC'ed yet? Otherwise your build plan seems very good for a high torque at low RPM motor. Good luck on the build (y) :nod:

I'm only doing this once so I will spurge on 1.6 rockers.

Still need to get the chambers cc'd. I think that is the last open item. Should have had that done when the work was done. Live and learn.

Based on what I've read they should be between 48-50. (Advertised 62cc milled .075) We shall see.

Will decide on pistons based on the results and then we are full speed ahead.

Back