DUI Distributor Problems Again

wsa111

Distributor Recurving.
Staff member
VIP
Approved Vendor
Supporter 2018
I received another DUI for recurving. Upon disassembly it was very closed to being seized.
I hate to mention problems on other products.
The DUI for the small six has an adapter to an existing housing. This has caused lack of oil to the upper shaft area.
The advance weights with the rotor in place either binds the weights or with the rotor off the weights just pop out of position. This may have been corrected in later production.
The cost of these units is out of sight.
Performance Distributors for other makes makes quality products. Why did they produce an inferior product for the small six??
The reason i mention this if you have spent double what they are worth, pull your DUI & spin the shaft to make sure its not close to being seized.
As i stated i am just mentioning this for owners of DUI's to prevent camshaft damage.

The answer to your question is [It is only a six it, doesn't mater] is what performance company's tell me. They think that we must be stupid if we are hopping up a six :banghead:

Yes, the design has never changed. I sell real HEI distributors at half the cost of the DUI. Plus mine are curved strictly for you engine combo. The vacuum advance is adjustable not only in vacuum control, but also the amount of advance.
See my ad in the small six parts for sale on this forum. Bill
I sent you a PM.

Back