Good places to find a 200 six.

falcon_master

Hi everyone sorry i know this is kinda off topic but ive been looking for almost 2 weeks now on Craigslist and eBay but have been unsuccessful in finding a suitable 200 six for sale. I was asking if you knew of a good site to search or any swap meets that might have one in Phoenix. Im not looking for something special just a complete 200 six. I don't care if it needs to be rebuilt or if it's missing minor things like carb, distributor, fuel pump etc. Also I do not need a transmission with it. Thanks everyone. My official plan is to take it and put in my 64 falcon 2dr to make it a daily driver to high school. I'm probably gonna deck the block and mill the head a bit to raise compression and if I have enough $ maybe put a 2bbl carb on it as well as a new distributor. I also had a question regarding overdrive for the 2.77 trans. Where can I find a external overdrive unit for it or is it necessary. What kinda speed do these things like. When I say like I mean not revving to high. I would be mostly doing 50-65 maybe in rare cases 70 max. Is that asking to much of that trans and engine. Thanks everyone.

Check out wrecking yards, picnpul is my favorite or car-part.com. Or as was recently pointed out the maverick and mustang forums frequently have members pulling the six for a v8. Also on classicbroncos.com Bronco guys pull the sixes sometimes.

I live your offer but is there a way to ship those kinda things. Because I'm sorry but there's no way I could do that. But I really appreciate your offer.

one offered in our 4 sale forum.
I second the carpart suggestion frm my bronk mate...just enter geographic area, y / m / m .
for shipping I have a really low priced referral.
when U get 1 let me know & i'll PM ya.

"... classicbroncos.com Bronco guys..."
200 started in '73 & only ran 2 or 3 yrs

I've used a website that searches used part recyclers (junk yards) across the US.
Just put in what you're looking for and your zip code and it will give you results.

http://car-part.com/

As for year and make/model, you can put 70s Maverick, 78+ Fairmont, 80-83 Mustang, or the specific year.

Good luck.

It may take some time but if you keep your eye on Craigslist you will find one. Another good way to find one is to look on Row56 for any vehicle that may have one in a 100 mile radius of you. You can also have row56 send you email alerts when one of your queries hit. There are still fairmonts and such hitting the yards occasionally.

falcon_master, where are you located? I have one in south west Wyoming I'd be willing to part with.

I'm near Denver in co. Depending on how much it cost to ship if I could afford it and shipping that would be awesome!!! I'll have to look into it thanks so much for your offer

I just did a search on http://www.car-part.com for a 200 with a high mount starter near Denver, CO.

Dario Auto Truck in Pueblo, CO, 719-544-8919, about 100 miles from Denver, has one in a 79 Zephyr Wagon with 176K miles and some lifter noise.
Should have a D8 or D9 large log head.

Off Again Auto in Farmington, NM, 505-325-5761, about 300 miles from Denver, has one in a 82 Fairmont with 96K miles for $495.
This engine may have the E0 large log head.

Engines are out there in your area. Depends on whether you have a truck or some other way to get them.

Back