Weber 38 adapter from VI

ssg66stang

I'm just looking to confirm what carb adapter I need to purchase from VI for my Weber 38 carb. I originally bought the Weber carb and headers from another supplier but the adapter plate that they sold me is tall (2") and causing me issues with hood clearance. I am wanting to purchase the Weber adapter from VI but I would like to confirm what adapter I need.

I have a 200 block with a 250 head from a 1978 motor. Can anyone confirm that I need the "large log" adapter(I'm assuming its the large log because it is a head that was produced in '78 - casting number D8BE-BA)? Has anyone used these before? Can you tell me the approximate height?

Thanks in advance

All 200 and 250 heads from 1977 through end of production are large log heads with a 1 3/4 inch carb opening! So yes if your head is indeed a 1978 casting then it's a large log and you would need the large log type carb adapter. Good luck (y) :nod:

not sure what vehicle U have (many 60s 70s fords have 'low hoods').
There R some work arounds inc a performance mod of 'direct mount' to the head (machining).

Thanks Chad, I wish I would have had the head milled to direct mount the carb when it was at the shop. I'm just getting the car on the road again after a long time so ripping the motor apart again isn't the route I want to go right now. I will with the next motor build, if I need to.

Does anyone know the height of the VI Weber 38 adapter versus the Clifford Performance adapter? Any one have experience with either?

"...ripping the motor apart..."
I assume there R other ways

Back