Carburetor

64-5mustang

First off I'm not sure of what cfm I will need I have a 200 directly 2 barrel mount 77 head cam might be the 265 110 from vl header . I'm planning on using a holly 2300 maybe 350 cfm. I'm I guy that likes to get all I can from a junk yard and fap things up what would be good doner cars for one? Does 350 cfm sounds high? And a crazy idea has anyone done the try power bit with 3 2 barrels? I won't be doing that at least not this time around. Thanks for your time

Howdy:

Q- what would be good doner cars for one(Holley 2300)?
A- I don't know of a car you might find in a recycle yard that used a 2300 from the factory. you can buy Holley 2300 from several performance catalog company. Earlier versions of the 2300 were used on every thing from Ford cars and trucks in the '50s as well as International Trucks. You may be able to scrounge on from old circle track racers. Some classes were limited to a two barrel carb and that was the 2300.

Q- Does 350 cfm sounds high?
A- Yes, but with proper tuning it can be made to work. Fortunately, parts are available for Holley carbs at most car parts storse as well as speed catalogs. Also Check with wsa111 for help with screw-in orifave jets.

Q- And a crazy idea has anyone done the try power bit with 3 2 barrels?
A- Not that I recall. Some have toyed with multiple two stage two barrels but I don't know of anyone doing three 2300s.

Good luck.

Adios, David

Hi, if you want junkyard carb look for a Ford 2100 or 2150 from a small block Ford or maybe V6. Good luck

:unsure: Hi Ron.IIRC that carb was also on the 360 truck engine in 1974.With no changes,it worked just fine on the 302 that I rebuilt for my 74 F100.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

the"Handbook" has quite a few carbs listed out (& YMM of what they came on I think). Also the "Tech Archive" above has a list I believe.

I like the Carter YF (it was sure on a buncha cars of our era). If U look on a carb site and do some figurin U can ID a very close match. I've done that on Mike's carb site.

Use these 3 resources, I find them invaluable (& so do others here, cept may B the carb sites?).

Back