Where can i buy the umbrella valve stem seals for a 200 six?

reweb67

Where online can I buy the umbrella seals for my stock mustang with a 200 six? If have seen people recommend viton. Can you get them for my car? Not sure what the valve stem diameter is?

Getting ready to do the rope trick and then change some seals / check for worn guides.

Thanks for any guidance!

Thanks for the reply.

Problem is I do not know what size the valve shaft is? Don't have a gauge to measure it. Guess I need to buy one? Or do the valves all have the same shaft size? This is a stock 200 six. The head has been rebuilt with new valves.

Also want to buy the best valve seals I can get. Not sure what brand etc. I do need the umbrella type.

Get your self a cheap 6" dial caliper then you can check to see what you actually have...should be about .310 or 5/16.

Thanks will buy a dial caliper so I can figure out what I have. Also yes vintageinlines.com is a great source. Appreciate the help!

I do think I will have valves with 5/16" stems. May buy some just to have on hand. Wondering if I can just measure the stem with a tape measure. Should be able to confirm they are 5/16 with a tape right? I do construction so know how to read one!

from an old retired construction hand,tape measure is good for conduit.go buy a $8 caliper.it will pay for itself.
I no longer waste my time on any thing other than comp cams 520-16 viton,solves many problems,and with their cutter on a drill or air tool,saves machinist cost.
OK, listening to you,just find a head you want/can afford and do the whole ball of wax. you'll learn a lot and be REAL pleased with yourself and results.
not meant to be harsh ok? but I' old and allowances must be made.

:unsure: First,exhaust all local parts sources.Then check with Matt at VI.If he can`t help(unlikely).Then go to the internet.Why?Because I sorta get tired of hearing"The last good parts supplier just went out of business".Support the local business first.Who is to blame for that?
Just look in the mirror.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

Back