Exhaust for a modified i6 200

Royals65i6":2vv07495 said:
Yes, the starter makes it a bit tight to get my fingers in there. I think I will undo everything and start with those bolts first as mentioned. I ordered the Arvinode over a week ago from VI and hope that it will arrive soon, but have not received a response to my emails about shipping schedule. Once I get it and have installed I'll let you know what I think.

Thanks! Best of luck with the ordering and install. I’ll PM you in a few weeks.

I have reassembled everything after putting the new exhaust header on and have 2 questions.

1. I had to shorten the throttle linkage from the bar to the carburetor by about 1 inch. How will this effect performance? In the last picture, the linkage is disconnected from the bar and leaning against the carburetor.

2. The pipe that went from the carburetor to the old exhaust manifold I replaced with a pipe that just hangs between the new exhaust pipes. Now when I start the car I don't have to use my choke. Why?

I am still waiting on the Arvinode exhaust kit, probably mid-march before I get it. I will post about it when done.

not sure which Q, there's been a few.
On 1 the pipes hadda B removed, cut, welded & put back to clear...
This was w/a che**y some1 brought in. The CI/VI shorties fit fine

Royals65i6":2bzibofp said:
I have reassembled everything after putting the new exhaust header on and have 2 questions.

1. I had to shorten the throttle linkage from the bar to the carburetor by about 1 inch. How will this effect performance? In the last picture, the linkage is disconnected from the bar and leaning against the carburetor.

2. The pipe that went from the carburetor to the old exhaust manifold I replaced with a pipe that just hangs between the new exhaust pipes. Now when I start the car I don't have to use my choke. Why?

I am still waiting on the Arvinode exhaust kit, probably mid-march before I get it. I will post about it when done.
Go electric, see the above post.

Back