Intake info needed

turtlejam

I'm needing the i.d. of the log and the runners of the 65 mustang 200 engine I have.Also the o.d. of the log so I can figure the thickness of the casting.I'm going to put a turbo 200 with a T-5 in my 57 volvo pv444.This will be a slow build.I was lucky enough to be introduced to a very successful turbo engine builder.He designed a system for me with the log style manifold.He specifies the log i.d. to be 2 1/4" and the runners i.d. to be 1 5/8".

This will be a slow build but so far I have the car and the engine.Thanks for any and all help.....Greg

Howdy Turtlejam:

I have not measured the i.d. of a '65 head but I think it's a safe bet that the dimension will be less than what you have specified. FYI- Ak Miller did alot of work on turbocharging these sixes. Several magazine articles have been done about his approach. Several others here have gone down this road too. Check them out.

Are you planning on a flow through design or in-line? Space may be tighter in a 444 Volvo. Cool car, by the way.

Later heads have bigger logs and several other benefits like hardened valve seats, bigger valves and larger combustion chambers for lower CR. You might be money and time ahead to check out an EOxx (80s) head casting.

No hurry is always a good plan. Best wishes and good luck. Keep us posted.

Adios, David

Hey David thanks for the reply.Ak Miller is a god to me.I've read several of his magazine articles.What vehicles should I look at for the large log intake?Is it limited to fox body platform cars like mustangs,fairmounts,etc. or were they used in pickups or any other car platforms then the fox bodies.........Thanks Greg.

boy, the YMM cross-overs are so excessive I'd hate to try to list them all. At least there's less of them 1978 - '83.

Car-part.com & when the selectable (forced) menue displays - pick 'base model', 200, 250 6 cyl so it dosen't defalt to v6, 8 cyl, etc.

U wont find any trucks.

Don't forget: we have a turbo forum, just check our Index

viewforum.php?f=22

BTW: R U state-side or would U like some help from us inside?

Howdy Greg:

Yes, all Fox platform Fords as well as all Granada's and Mercury clones. The head casting code is EOxx. The casting code is cast onto the intake log just behind the carb hole. Good luck.

Adios, David

Back