engine specific stand info

turtlejam

Has anyone fabricated,or purchased,a steel stand to store their engine on.I don't mean a common adjustable engine stand used to rebuild engines on.I mean one that I can bolt my engine to in an upright position and store under my work bench.If there are prefabbed stands available can someone point me in the right direction.I won't need it until it warms up to at least 30 degrees daily in my area.I'm old and cold lol.

2x4 wood works as does angle iron. It's just less than 500# & needs something sturdy...
I used some c channel and angle iron to make a test / storage stand.

An 'official engine stand' is best due to the ability to easily assemble on, inexpensive, reusable, strong, inexpensive, collapsible, durable, may B I'll stop there

Others use the bottom 1/4 - 1/2 of a shopping cart, wheeled milk crate pallet, potter's wheel, or just bout anything handy...

Chad I like your style lol.I have a 4 cylinder volvo motor sitting on an old tire without a rim right now.I was checking to see what was available.I'll just cut a couple pieces of flat stock and bolt them to the motor mount pads to keep it upright.

super4ord":yrm00fwv said:
Just use a furniture dolly. Stick a piece of 3/4" plywood in the center part of the dolly to fill it in and make a solid platform. Then sit the engine on the oil pan. Use a 2x4 or 4x4 under the other end of the oil pan to make it stable. I store long blocks and transmissions this way. Makes it easy to move them around when needed and doesn't cost a lot. I currently have a 250, 200, 170, T-5 & 2 ea C-4's this way. I like everything in my garage to be mobile and clean.

Darrell
That is what I do, but now use the small one so that a few can be grouped tighter together....I let the pan sump hang down and build up wood and support the side pan rails. (y)

Back