Who has the Offenhauser 3x1 aluminum intake?

Welcome! o.m.Dave !
There's many threads on this site. Some have DYI alternatives, some the original (there's at least 2 for the ford6), others one alternate co.
R U sure U don't mean "cast alu removable" intake (a la the Oz style)? Isn't the Offy iron? That's sold thru Summit'n others (ck our "4 sale" forum. I've seen um there too).

There is one for sale on ebay, and it appears to be aluminum. Is there an easy way to search old posts by topic? Obviously I'm new here.

Old man Dave":2q7ir7sa said:
... Is there an easy way to search old posts by topic? Obviously I'm new here.
At the top right of each screen we have a search function...

You didn't mention if you have a 'small block' or 'big block' six. For the integral intake 144/170/200/250, there are basically two different versions of the Offenhauser 3X1 aluminum adapter. The two Offy' versions fit (@ 60-67 vs @ 68-82) all small block six heads which are interchangeable between all the small blocks 144 to 250 cid but have different shape of the integral intake 'log'

Edelbrock also mfg'd a tri-power adapter for the early intake version.

If you search on offy or offenhauser you can find many postings on building and tuning this modification.

here's a post/thread on the basics.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=76149&p=586466&hilit=hours#p586466

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59024&p=453190&hilit=offy#p453190

have fun

Sorry I didn't mention the engine size. I posted this in the small six section and assumed that would cover it. I am talking about a 200.

That covers it. As mentioned earlier though, there are different castings of the head. You'll need a different setup based upon what head you have. In 1969, the log got bigger and wider, so you would need the Offy manifold designed to fit the smaller diameter log. I would recommend calling Matt at VintageInlines and have your head casting number handy. This way you get the part that fits the first time. :beer:

Old man Dave":stxlpyfw said:
Sorry I didn't mention the engine size. I posted this in the small six section and assumed that would cover it. I am talking about a 200.
Matt (at Vintage Inlines dot com)is one of the carriers for the ford6 performance Handbook. U may wanna get 1 of those to get up to speed on these i6 motors.
(U got 1 of the 6 models, Falcon or Thriftpower by name, manufactured over 36 yrs, bridgin into the EFIs thru the '96 final yr).
:nod:
It shows the tripower set up w/linkage/carbs/throttle.
What carbs will you use?

At this point we know that your name is Dave and you are an old man that has a 200, :D but we do not know much about your car..what year is the head, stick , auto, rear gear, cam ,etc.. how do you plan on using the car..Your location would help, I am in Michigan in the mitten, there is one in a valley and a swamp. ;)

Old man Dave":9jw5lsf5 said:
What carbs would you recommend?
Like drag-stang sez (implied) depends on whaja planning. But...

on a rd car (not mine, C avatar) I like lookin @ those ol glass bowls (is it Holly 1940 or 1904? there's both so I get confused. My LD dont help none neither!).
:oops:

OK...I'm not much of a typist, so I try to keep stuff short. The '56 is project #3 on my list of stuff to do. It needs pretty much everything, but is surprisingly rust-free. I would just like to get it on the road and eventually make it my daily driver. Don't have the money or ambition to restore it to stock. The tri-power just sounds like something cool to try, along with headers. Don't have any plans to go crazy building this little engine. Just want it to look and sound good. Thanks for your interest. BTW, what carbs do guys usually run on this setup? I have two of the stock carbs...They worth re-using?

hallo dave i have used carter YF carbs,,
fe2em9.jpg

2aeza8o.jpg

watch on you tube my channel if you like search my name
jan douwe noordenbos there some films from my triple carb
mustang.
greeeetzz,,, jan douwe noordenbos from the Netherlands.

BTW, this is the first time I've ever messed with a Ford six. My other two projects have BBC's in them. And, I have managed to end up with two 200's - One is a '66 and the other is a '78. Just from eyeballing it, I think the '78 has a large log manifold. Can anyone confirm or refute that? Thanks again.

Back