exhaust port divider

cmm24601

Is there a different size divider for 1967 and 1969?

The one I bought seems to be way too big. Am I missing something?

I ask about the year because the package was labeled 1963-1973, but under that label, I found an older label marked 1960-1967.

*Who did U get it from? (Only 1 or 2 producers readily available, I believe).

"...Is there a different size divider for 1967 and 1969?..."
more directly, I think not (all yrs same - '60-'83, sm6; 240/300 may B different).

They take a good bit of "hand work". *Ask if needing input on 'how tos'.
Plez use hi nickel composite stick when welding,,,others can provide input on 'glue' in (2 part? & methods).

Make sure U place this procedure in the proper sequence of operations when doing other mods / machining.
(y)

Keep talkin !

Personally, just me...just 4 'tubes'.

Plez C Tech Archive (above) & "Handbook".
These ex-spurts say [b]5[/b] - 10% HP increase w/o (admitantly) real documentation...

& I'm into tq & yet have done so. Y not (it supports my gasket) !
C abuncha threads here

If you have a stock engine i would not install a port divider.
However if you have a large log iron head & have a modified engine with a direct mount carb. headers & camshaft.
If you plan to install one that is the first thing you do to the head along with brazing up the log for the direct mount.
After that have the head magna-fluxed for cracks.
Then if the head is crack free that is the time to port the intake valve bowls & also porting the exhaust bowls & ports.
Then you install larger valves & install hardened exhaust valve seats to match the oversize valves.
Why install a port divider on a already cracked head.
You will put out over $1000.00 to do all this work.
Might be the time to install a CI head or one from Vintage Inlines.

Can typical headers can be used without a port divider?. Headers and their gaskets typically use lands with port divider dimensions or may not seal ...

see:
https://www.vintageinlines.com/exhaust

from previous thread:
... instructions with original Holley port dividers called for an "interference" fit and grinding cast divider to fit with 'a few thousandths' projecting to hold it fast with the 3/4 port gasket seal . I used this with a 170 and Hooker dual out long tubes with no problems for @ 3 years. Adding compressible material (copper/Al) on divider flange-to-face is another interference option.

.. also drilling thru header and tapping the divider for bolt-thru is option.

have fun

my friend/machinist simply tacked divider with mig, hasn't loosened @ 10 yrs.

interesting un-named Craigs List header with integral divider I picked up from foolish V8 swapper:

Back