A/C Removal?

Royals65i6

I have a 65 Mustang 200. When I bought it last year, the previous owner told that the a/c didn't work and that it was disconnected (The pulley has been removed). Is there anyway to determine what parts of the system are bad? Also, for the current time I would like to remove the whole system so I can have more room to work, is there a step by step guide on how to do this?

Hi, to test for leaks you can inspect all the hose connections for dirt and grime, which shows a leaking O-RING. You can also use a vacuum pump and A/C manifold and see if it holds a vacuum (good luck).
If you only want to remove the parts from under the hood just start anywhere. If you want the evaporator out the heater box comes out from under the dash.
Good luck

If there is a leaky o-ring, should I assume all the Freon has leaked out? If there still is Freon in the system how do I isolate it for removal?

Or should I just go to a mechanic and have them deal with it?

last post by Ron:
"...can also use a vacuum pump and A/C manifold ..."

Congratulations on your 65 Mustang.
Do you want to make the ac operational or remove it. If you want to assess it to decide which way to go I would consult a good auto ac guy if you can find a reputable guy.

Thanks for the tips. Figured out that it had no Freon left in it, so I started removing the compressor and hoses. Hopefully get the rest of it removed by the weekend. The Vintage Inlines alternator bracket is just 1 curved bar piece, but the one on CJ Pony has a U-shaped bracket in addition to the curved bar. Is the U-shaped piece part of my old A/C bracket assembly?

sorry, I'm not sure. cj has over 150 March Perform. & Seeda prts, I only remember alternat. brackets @ Matt's.
"A Pic is Worth ..."

Back