Coat my headers?

Shelly6

Things are moving along slowly on my build. While I wait for my engine and transmission I have a question about my speed daddy headers.

Is it worth it to get them jet-hot coated? They are already stainless so they should look good for years but with our carbs basically sitting on top of our exhaust is the heat reduction ceramic coasting provides helpful?

I never had any heat related issues with my 1940, small log and manifold. I don't anticipate heat issues with my 2100, large log and headers.

But if there is power to be gained with the reduced temps or better exhaust flow I'll do it.

Or, in a car with no a/c, if the cabin temp in the summer is reduced I'd do it.

What do you guys think?

I did and love it!

I had then done locally. I had them coated inside and out. Did not do a polish but had them left with a silver color. I just know that there is no way I would spend the time to clean and polish them regularly since I have 4 kids under 8 yr old....

I coated mine inside and out. It should help with under the hood heat. And also save your starter. Luckily, i have Sanderson Header's who is close to me. They did a great job for $150.

"... since I have 4 kids under 8 yr old...."

:shock:
U Go Bro!
sweet (in the real sense)
gots ta have big energy 4 dat!
(but it sure sounds nice [if I were 20 yrs younger] too!)

Back