64 1/2 to 68 engine swap

if you'd like Mike's Carb has a nice vid of him rebuilding one.
I also like his site to run carb stamping #s to ID parts to Y/M/M...
(y)

Howdy Back Tyro and All:

Good call on going with the RBS. As Bill said, the problem with flooding is probably a stuck neeedle valve or a float that's not working. On the 1100, the accelerator pump plunger deteriorates rapidly, even when not in use. Get a rebuild kit for the RBS and follow the instructions. Good luck and keep up posted on your progress.

Adios, David

I got the rebuilt carb on and she is running smooth! I haven't made any adjustments to the choke or anything yet but she's idling fine at around 700 rpm. My only problem is now I have to figure out how to make a throttle linkage because the rod from my auto lite 1100 obviously isn't going to work and the one off the engine was broken. Thanks for all the help guys I really appreciate it!

Howdy Back Tyro:

Good going on getting it to idle. Keep us posted on your progress. Good Luck.

Adios, David

Tyro77":ldr8ixha said:
...only problem is now I have to figure out how to make a throttle linkage because the rod from my auto lite 1100 obviously isn't going to work and the one off the engine was broken...

Any ideas?
No? want some?
:unsure:: :arrow:
:idea:

chad":1lwfjcim said:
Tyro77":1lwfjcim said:
...only problem is now I have to figure out how to make a throttle linkage because the rod from my auto lite 1100 obviously isn't going to work and the one off the engine was broken...

Any ideas?
No? want some?
:unsure:: :arrow:
:idea:

I was thinking I could probably just get a universal throttle cable to work since I do actually have the bracket and just doing away with the rod that is on the car. Unless someone here has done it before and would have a better idea. I couldn't find anything on my searches though.

it seems we've discussed it many times.
Lokar is sure a way to go, so is oe if 'junk yards' are locally available (or on-line: car-part dot com by Y/M/M).
The difficuty will B @ the "cable peddle interface" I imagine.
Some use the OE "over-the-V/C-bracket" to hold the cable. Might look in our 'for sale' forum for it.

I found a cable operated pedal off of a 1973 mustang which from what I read will mount right up for 20 dollars and the cable from a 1973 cable driven inline for 30 dollars so hopefully the length and all will work out. Now I just have to figure out how to get the kickdown to operate without spending 80 dollars on the Lokar cable :unsure:

Back