Vintage Inlines Universal 1V carburetor - Which Distributor?

BORN 2L8

For my 1966 Ford 200 build the plan is to do it in stages. For stage one it will have a split header, Comp Cams high energy cam (252/252 duration and .425/.425 lift) and upgraded ignition. Also the engine has been bored 0.030" over and I may use a 1965 C4 that I recently acquired. Stage two will include modifying a C9 head. I a considering using a HEI distributor and am wondering what carburetor will work with it. Looking at the Vintage Inlines site they advertise a universal 1V carburetor, similar to the Holley 1904. Does anyone know if this carburetor will work with a HEI distributor?

Thank you,
Tom - BORN2L8

Howdy,

It should. If yoy dont see a spark valve on it then youre golden. I ran a 52 1904 with a HEI and it worked great, dont see why a new one wouldnt work

Good luck,
Ryan

Howdy Back Tom:

You will need more information from VI. Verify that it has a ported vacuum source and not a SCV. Find out what the cfm rating is. The Falcon 1904s were rated at 130 cfm on 144 sixes and 150 cfm on 170 engines. Ryan mentioned a 1904 from 1952. Ryan, do your recall what that carb came off of?

The differences in cfm is due to the inner diameter of the venturi.

Under any circumstances, I feel that you will be disappointed with a carb this small based on your plans. A larger cfm one barrel such as a late 1101 and Carter RBS, with 215 CFM would still leave you engine wishing for more. Is there a reason why you want to stay with a one barrel carb? Keep it coming.

Adios, David

On the carburetor-parts.com website under the specifications is lists the flow can be over 200 cfm. I have contacted Daytona Parts Co. about if it has a SCV or not, and if it will work with a HEI. After picking up another 200 six (1968 block with a 1969 head) I was going to use the 1969 head, but that head needs a rebuild and the 1966 200 head is in good shape. The 1969 head will be reworked down the road with performance improvements in mind (removing the log, building a bolt on intake, possibly multiple one barrels or a two barrel carburetor). Right now it comes down to time, and how much I want to spend working on the engine. The 1965 C4 will need some attention as well, and eventually I would like to freshen up the engine bay and start on some body modifications. I am limited with the 1966 200 carburetor opening, as it is 1.5" and I would hate to spend a lot of time reworking the small log head.

Thanks,
Tom - BORN2L8

BORN 2L8":2ou185ew said:
On the carburetor-parts.com website under the specifications is lists the flow can be over 200 cfm. I have contacted Daytona Parts Co. about if it has a SCV or not, and if it will work with a HEI. After picking up another 200 six (1968 block with a 1969 head) I was going to use the 1969 head, but that head needs a rebuild and the 1966 200 head is in good shape. The 1969 head will be reworked down the road with performance improvements in mind (removing the log, building a bolt on intake, possibly multiple one barrels or a two barrel carburetor). Right now it comes down to time, and how much I want to spend working on the engine. The 1965 C4 will need some attention as well, and eventually I would like to freshen up the engine bay and start on some body modifications. I am limited with the 1966 200 carburetor opening, as it is 1.5" and I would hate to spend a lot of time reworking the small log head.

Thanks,
Tom - BORN2L8
Tom, on your C-4 trans, just install the 67-70 valve body with a Transgo shift kit. Do not install the Transgo kick down spring, it is way to stiff, just leave the original spring in there.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the difference with the 1967-70 valve body. Also is there a difference between a 1967-70 valve body being from a six cylinder or a V-8?

Thanks,
Tom - BORN2L8

CZLN6":1ouo0qhm said:
Howdy Back Tom:

You will need more information from VI. Verify that it has a ported vacuum source and not a SCV. Find out what the cfm rating is. The Falcon 1904s were rated at 130 cfm on 144 sixes and 150 cfm on 170 engines. Ryan mentioned a 1904 from 1952. Ryan, do your recall what that carb came off of?

The differences in cfm is due to the inner diameter of the venturi.

Under any circumstances, I feel that you will be disappointed with a carb this small based on your plans. A larger cfm one barrel such as a late 1101 and Carter RBS, with 215 CFM would still leave you engine wishing for more. Is there a reason why you want to stay with a one barrel carb? Keep it coming.

Adios, David
I pulled it off an F1 at the junkyard. It was either a 215 or 223. I didnt alter the jets any and my 200 drove great with it! But i upgraded to the weber 32/36 anyhow. I have it still, i refer to it as old reliable, but id prefer to not have to pull the bowl off. It took a while of slowly tightening it to get it to quit leaking. I think its slightly warped but not enough to where it wont quit leaking

"...I pulled it off an F1 at the junkyard..."
WoW, last yr they made that wuz the yr I wuz born, no yards round here have anything close.

Where R U located (didn't fill that out in sig)?
:nono:

Back