ID my carb please

rmcphearson

My '62 170 is supposed to have a holley but it has what looks like an Autolite 1100. But it is stamped "FoMoCo", I don't see "Autolite" on it. Were Autolites stamped "FoMoCo"?

Also, I want to put a small air cleaner on it so I can see all the linkage, adjustments, and other stuff. Can anyone recommend a cheap air intake for this carb? I don't want to invest $120 in a cold air intake.

-Roland

Yes some were stamped FoMoCo, the Autolite Company was also owned by Ford Motor Company from 1961 to 1973. Good luck (y) :nod:

rmcphearson":3kdloe1q said:
...I want to put a small air cleaner on it so I can see all the linkage, adjustments, and other stuff. Can anyone recommend a cheap air intake for this carb? I don't want to invest $120 in a cold air intake.
-Roland
Boy a pic would really help, but @ 5 posts this site may disallow ur posting 1 this early...
Many after markets avail.
Just measure the hight frm the 'lip' on top of the air horn (that top 'throat' of da carb) in 2 directions: across (so U no the 'hole' size in the a/c housing) and the amount of distance from that to the hood (so U no how 'thick' an a/c U can get). Many don't realize these '60s/'70s fords have very lill "hood room" (that last dimension). Order on-line (try Spectre), at the big box auto prts houses, from our "4sale" forum, etc.

W E L C O M E !!! Roland ! (y)

o0OOPPpssss 4got Matt!
3 inches is too hi 4 me tho.
All ways ck him 1st, no?

Back