Linkage options for 2V conversion with Autolite 2100

Robert92867

Supporter 2019
2V conversion with an Autolite 2100 requires aligning the carb 90 degress from the original throttle pivot axis, which means the throttle pull is now right to left, whereas the original 1v was from front to back. I can see no way to retain the stock linkage. I am looking at Lokar billet aluminum pedal assembly and throttle cable and kickdown cable. I will probably try to fabricate my own pedal assembly as I want to keep the cars interior looking original. The throttle cable routing is straight-forward with less than 120 degrees of deflection required to bring the cable across the top of the valve cover. But the kickdown cable requires 180 degrees of deflection to reach the C4 kickdown lever. Does anybody have any personal experience using dual cables? My concern is cable friction and keeping the pedal light. My preference would be to somehow modify the bar linkage, but I can't see any way.

Attachments

• proposed cable routing.jpg
    proposed cable routing.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 131
You could maybe use a bell crank if you want to keep your stock linkage. Good luck (y) :nod:

Hi, I used a lokar cable from the original pedal to the linkage on the carb. I had to modify the bracket a little and make it stop twisting and putting slack on the cable. I made a bracket to the motor mount for the dual return springs. I have a 3 spd and don't need a kick down.
Good luck

Robert92867":33hrq2vg said:
I must admit I didn't know what a bell crank is. Now I do and it looks promising.

Yes it was the old school way of doing throdle linkages long before any cable type pedal assemblys were made or even though of. Good luck (y) :nod:

Buy a 69/70 pedal $40.
Drill hole in firewall where the rod ends up and new holes to mount pedal FREE
Go to your local parts store and buy a 3ft throttle cable $20

Be done with it for less than 1/2 the cost of the lokar pedal.

thanks for the reply Link !!
Can you list out the model for that 69/70?
That will finish out the mod so many here use
(& only 1 folks like me can afford)
8)

Llink78":3lmf08oa said:
Buy a 69/70 pedal $40.
Drill hole in firewall where the rod ends up and new holes to mount pedal FREE
Go to your local parts store and buy a 3ft throttle cable $20

Be done with it for less than 1/2 the cost of the lokar pedal.

When buying the pedal, do you need the entire assemble - brackets and linkage and all? Or just the pedal?

I'm in the same boat, with a 68 mustang. Any pics of this setup would be appreciated!

Howdy Robert and All:

I used the pedal assembly from a 1970 Maverick- pedal bracket and cable. I used a "Powered by Ford" valve cover, which has attachment points to anchor the cable for the "Pull" action on the 2100. I had a manual trans so no help there.

Old Mavericks are getting rare in the recycle yards. Good luck.

Adios, David

Since I had a roll of it on the wall,I used motorcycle cable and a 2 to 1 cable splitter from a 69 Triumph t120 R bonneville to carb and split off to trans.Tinker adjust,repeat.lever on 2100 for travel to WOT.
C'mon guys.who hasn't stolen ideas from your scoots?

Robert92867":yg4imu1x said:
I must admit I didn't know what a bell crank is. Now I do and it looks promising.

Robert,

Did you get any of these options to work? I'm in the same boat as you. Intrigued by the bellcrank. Please let us know - pictures would be even better.

Cheers,
Matthew

i imagine it's an "L" shaped metal in 'strap' shape. a mount/pivot dwn the middle. and the arms in plane or not as needed ???
In sailing we callem a 'rocker lever' or 'rocker arm'.
(Boat - same ider as a cah, cept no wheels & in the H2O - "a whole in the ocean U throw $ in")

Back