Universal Carburetor Sold by Vintage Inlines

wsa111

Distributor Recurving.
Staff member
VIP
Approved Vendor
Supporter 2018
https://www.vintageinlines.com/product- ... t-carb-new
Does anyone know if this carb. will work on a non SCV installation. Or is the SCV built into it for a loadamatic?
In other words is the ported vacuum port not assisted by venturi vacuum?
I have a customer that needs a carburetor for my HEI distributor on his engine. Bill

We have the daytona carb on one of our 68's. I am running a DSII. No SCV on our carb. I'm impressed w/ carb, but the air filter adapter is not the greatest, and IS necessary. We had a chrome 66 mustang sprint air cleaner, but found it to be very restrictive. Car runs much better w/ open element. Carb did change the sound of car...I am impressed w/ carb so far. Only about 8 months of running time. We still need to send you the distributor. I did the spring change mod to it, but have never really had it dialed in correctly. Car has comp cams camshaft, split header w/ dual exhaust and a 5 speed. Runs great to about 85 or 90 at about 24 mpg. It's too much fun to be economical with the go pedal.

I will say that the price point is a little hard to swallow, but I wish I had bought the daytona much sooner. I went through 3 or 4 different autolites 1100, and was not real happy with the results. 1 carb (67 SCV) was pretty good, but would begin weeping gas at gasket, and eventually would be a fire hazard. Once you buy it, you won't look back, starts up everytime, and the manual choke is much better than the autolite.

Thanks for the info on this carb. PM me when ready for a recurve. Bill

Several Econoline owners on the van site have installed these carbs. I assume most kept the lom distributor but all have sung it's praises. The price is a little much for a south american or chinese carb or wherever it comes from.

the carbs looks different on each site 2 me~

I looked to see where the 'glass bowl' would fit on the Datona & it's not structured similarly there (split housing horozontally).
Back to the VI model - it seems that area is removable like an original 1904...
HTH, not hurts.

Update on the '64 Ranchero- new 200-6 is in and running well. Had a problem with the first long block sent from S&J engines in Spokane- there were pinhole coolant leaks in the side of the block! S&J sent a new block which arrived in two days. Runs great, but head gasket leaks a little on the driver's side. Rebuilt the original carb from the 170 and it works fine, but sure do miss the Pony carb rebuild I had on my '66 Mustang.

Anyway...I'm currently removing the front sheet metal for repair and paint. More photos soon. And then finishing taking out the old interior and replacing all the wear bits.

Attachments

• Ranchero 3.JPG
    Ranchero 3.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 132
  • Ranchero 4.JPG
    Ranchero 4.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 132
:beer: congrats WallytheShark, it looks like your well on the way to a really nice 1964 Ranchero! Also am glad to see you have the engine painted in the original factory 1964 engine colors too. Good luck (y) :nod:

That drivers side oil seap is somewhat normal on theses heads it seems. I had it on my 250 after a meticulous rebuild. I think it's stopped now but I need to check.

I had the head gasket seep on a 200-6 in my '66 Mustang (engine also from S&J). I replaced the head gasket and never had a problem again. But it wasn't much of a problem in the first place-just made the block look bad.

Thanks for the compliments on the engine. Trying to keep it as stock looking as possible, but I did use the Falcon Parts conversion to an alternator.

Engine compartment is painted and front sheet-metal reattached on the '64.

Attachments

• 64Ranchero1.jpg
    64Ranchero1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 73
  • 64Ranchero4.jpg
    64Ranchero4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
  • 38071924_10214555745546329_521758575647784960_n.jpg
    38071924_10214555745546329_521758575647784960_n.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 73
That's a nice engine bay right there! On the head gasket seepage...it's a common occurrence on these engines for the head gasket to weep on the drivers side. Don't be afraid to re-torque the head and see if that stops the leak. Worked for me. ;)

Back