Excessive blow by?

falcon_master

Hey everyone. In the past few days I've posted a few new topics and for the most part the engine works. I need to fix the dizzy just been really busy I think I 180d it. I didn't know an engine could still run 180° out. But my question is I'm not sure if it has to do with the timing but the engine was putting out alot I blow by. You didn't see it in video cause it just started but after about 3 minutes it starts like puffing out the valve cover and smoke comes out and the road draft tube is just shooting smoke. The compression doesn't feel very strong. So I was asking is this just because it hasn't run in a long time and the timing is all messed up or is this signals that the engine is in need of a overhaul thanks

yes, like FR sez, plus the "180 off" & possibly - if as wuz suggested a mo. or so ago - some lube wuz put in when breaking the motor free B4 start up, it could B in cylinders, burning off now, (bad valve seals, some other stuff...all 4 later investigation, 1st things 1st). Soon a compression test (B4 more solid wiring setup & much more).

Plez slow down, relax - it will clear ur head so U can think more completely, not miss steps'n enjoy the process more. Any difficulty should be easily figured out by the more experienced here. The vids have helped but been a lill rushed (not long enuff camera angle on one area then quickly moved to another so as not to allow a good view, a solid listen, etc). The length has been fine eventho short, no probs there...
;)

Don't worry about the blowby till you get the distributor in right. Fix 1 prob, see result. Move to next problem, fix it, see result, continue till no problems. Dont worry about the result if you know its wrong to begin with.

Good luck,
Ryan

Ps. If you really want to see some serious BS, look at my Clutch posts. It could be worse. Yours is a 20-30 minute process to find TDC, mine takes about 4+ hours depending on what i need to take off and put back on with the transmission. Consider yourself lucky.

Back