mod tricks to the 2100 to help in off road situations?

chad

5K+
VIP
Supporter 2023
Supporter 2022
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2020
Supporter 2019
fella asks the above for his south west MS off rd adventures (Ozarks I guess)...
That's the autolite w/annular discharge? Needs acc pump upgrade? any thing like that?

Thanks guys -
got '71 Bronco 302 35" Boggers 5.38 gears, spool frnt / locker in rear

Howdy:

You might suggest that he do a google search for Autolite 2100. There is lots of good info on the web. Annular discharge booster is the little donut like ring that hangs above the venturi, or the narrow part of the carb throat. The annular booster has outlet holes all around the inside of the donut. Other carbs have a singular hole in the booster. The many smaller holes ingest a finer spray of gas into the air stream, causing the gas to vaporize more quickly as it enters the intake. Annular discharge boosters can show an improvement in idle and off idle acceleration.

The 2100s can use a Holley power valve to fine tune WOT air/fuel ratio on acceleration.

Autolite 2100s are lighter that Holley 2300s and most Carter and Rochester 2 barrel carbs. They are the easiest carb, ever, to rebuild. The 2100s have no bowl gasket lines below the level of the fuel. They are better bowl vented than most carbs.

But the trade off is that they cannot be fine tuned, internally, as easily as a Holley 2300. Main jets are harder to come by where as Holley parts are available at most part stores.

One tip I saw at a truggy (truck+buggy) rally was adding a rubber hose loop from one bowl air vent to the other. The top of the loop had many holes in it. The idea is that if you have your fuel level set fairly high, and are on extreme off angles fuel will not slosh out the bowl vents.

Hope that helps.

Adios, David

yes, it does...that last lill bit I'll send 2 him.
Think he has 2150 (or a minor variation). The 'annular disch." is what I spoke 2 him bout.

"...One tip I saw at a truggy (truck+buggy) rally was adding a rubber hose loop from one bowl air vent to the other. The top of the loop had many holes in it. The idea is that if you have your fuel level set fairly high, and are on extreme off angles fuel will not slosh out the bowl vents.
Hope that helps.
Adios, David
co-author of the Falcon Performance Handbook
http://www.falcon6handbook.com/...

sent it over nother site & a return came:
"Thanks for that help. It should do me well.
Will B goin 2 an off rd park in several wkends.
Will let U know the results. May try the Holly 500 too."

Thank you, sir! (frm me as well)

Holley offers a carb just for that purpose. It has a spring loaded needle & seat combo. Both the Autolite Carb & the Holley are designed for a larger engine than a six cylinder.
Therefor you need to put interchangeable jets in the PVCR under the power valve. You can change the main jets to get the proper cruise A/F ratio of 14.00-14.50. When you go to WOT the ratio will be too rich for maximum power.
The Autolite has the annular discharge nozzles & that allows a larger carb to still meter fuel properly.
The 350 Holley is ok as is, but put a 500 on there & you need to install annular discharge nozzles & en large the venturi cause the annular nozzles are larger & restrict air flow.

Back