Weber 32/36 DGV, which throttle cable??

Hello folks,
I just purchased a Weber 32/36 carb conversion to install in my ‘65 Mustang. I purchased the carb conversion kit from Vintage Inlines. I’ve read that my car will require a “Lokar throttle cable kit” to get the carb to function smoothly & effortlessly. Perusing the Summit Racing web site, there are literally dozens of throttle cable kits available. My question is, which kit do I need specifically for my application. Part # would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

This is the one i bought. I have yet installed it but it hooks up to my throttle cable pedal nicely and all i should need to fab is a wall mount and the piece coming off the back of the carb to hold it in place.

I have a 65 Ranchero so distance wise it should be similar.

Good luck
Ryan

Attachments

• 15230826663892917300169432847453.jpg
    15230826663892917300169432847453.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 53
Raceair:
U may want to look @ Ryan's uTube on that installation. Not sure it shows 4 ur specific need (cable) but it's:
"the only install of a 32/36 on the net"
!
:beer:

If you have any questions about it i csn try to help. Just be careful with the alan wrench bolts into the head. I stripped mine and had to have the machine shop make me a new bolt since that is a special made bolt. I didn't have a grinder then. I do now though.

The bolts tend to come loose too so tighten them after a few heat cycles. After tightening once or twice they're golden. Or try lock washers but that might raise them too much.

Try 10° BTDC first. Then go from there. Ill be upping mine to 12° here after i get my clutch fixed.

Good luck man.
Ryan

If i take mine off for any reason ill redo the vid about the install but its pretty straight forward. Just make sure your fuel regulator is set at 2 or 3lbs. Otherwise itll override the float

Back