Replacement LOM vacuum line to distributor

62Cometman

Hey everyone, ive been hassled by this issue as long as ive had the car. The line nut running from the distributor to the ported vacuum source on the carb striped the very first time trying to take it off after like 30+ years. And i have tried everything but it doesn't want to hold or seal well and i think its honestly effecting my performance since the distributor isn't providing full vacuum advance. Ive looked all over and cant find a new line anyone until i checked falcon parts they have this piece

https://www.falconparts.com/ford-falcon ... 8p1187.htm

however in the description they say its to run from manifold to distributor but all 60-65 sixes had the LOM carb and distributor setup didnt they? meaning that manifold vacuum would be and incorrect reading for the distributor or do they just have it listed wrong?

Yes all 1960 to 65 are the LOD distributor. Yes the listing description is likely wrong. You can also find these line fittings (They are a flare compression type fitting) at many hardware and auto parts stores as well as the tubing or brake line to make your own. Good luck (y) :nod:

Yes those are the fittings I use to get them at NAPA they are also used on natural gas water heaters. They just slide over the line until you tighten them up the first time then they are compressed and locked into place. Good luck (y) :nod:

Like Bubba said, that is an inclusive ferrule type fitting used in heating pilot light applications mostly. It's called a breakaway ferrule, the ferrule separates from the nut after it is compressed the first time. I was in HVAC for almost 20 years. The line you are using is smaller than those 1/4" pilot tubing. It doesn't matter though, those fittings are directly replaceable with standard ferrules and the nut if you still have the nut part. The hardware store may have what you need. Those are 3/16 iirc.

Back