It lives

64-5mustang

I've finally finished my 65 200 build. Specs are flat top pistons slight mill on the head and block cr is 10:1. Compression is fine for my altitude Cam is vintage inlines 264 110 installed straight up double roller chain. DUI dizzy will eventually go to a DS11 Holley 2300 straight 2v port in the head 1.5 exhaust valves. Heavy port and polishing on the head. Dual out header.

A question for the experience carb guys with my tune the jets are set 1 turn out. As I recall the min was 1.25 of a turn. What are your thoughts on this should I go to the next size down for jets?

Hears a video of the first start afterry the break in and tune. The video makes it sound I bit deeper but not much. And it is loud ( straight header at this point ) my nabors a block away complained. https://youtu.be/sHHWmYF5cZc
I hope the link works

Attachments

• 20180429_185428.jpg
    20180429_185428.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 114
  • 20180429_185424.jpg
    20180429_185424.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 114
  • 20180429_185433.jpg
    20180429_185433.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 114
  • 20180429_102605.jpg
    20180429_102605.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 114
This just want too start my Aussie 250-2V build ! I AM JONES-IN !!!!!!

Looks and sounds great. I'd like your thoughts on the carb hat/filter long term and its ability to keep up with demand?

On your carb jetting and mixture screws, # of turns will vary from suggested adjustment, that's just a start point.

Run it some and read your plugs to see if you are running rich or lean before re-jetting the carb.

That's a great looking engine. Nice work on the throttle, hose and line routing details. It's a good feeling when it fires up and all is good. I think it's very bold with the white paint. You'll know every leak if there is one :) :beer:

Nice detail combo on your engine. Your DUI is not the best choice. In design & curve.
Setting the proper idle mixture is your first step. Stay on the lean side just before the idle roughens.
Any Holley 2300 on a small six requires many metering block mods. This includes a screw in idle orifice's relocated on the metering block for proper transition A/F readings.
Install main jets to achieve a 14.5 A/F mixture cruising.
Install screw in jets in the PVRC below the power valve for proper WOT A/F mixture. 12.8-13.1
After the above your Engine will love it.

Thanks for the replys, on the dui it will go to a dsii someday I had the dui and kped it for to keep cost down. The carb hat I had to start with I'm thinking about going to a regular round corme one for looks. I will need to look in to the holly mods that might need to be done. I was concern about it being vary rich and hard to tune. It's been cake to tune. Throttle response is amazing, so fun now verses the unhealthy dog it was. Someone wanted to race me this morning still taking it easy

64-5mustang":2y3nt8hy said:
...Someone wanted to race me this morning still taking it easy
Yaw, break in 1st, cuple oil change, later race. :nod:

Looks great, can't watch the video at work for some reason (mil network).

Still thinking on what I'm going to do to mine to make it look like it was build with what i'm going to do to it.

- Andrew

Back