Can I use a furniture dolly

196158A

To hold a 200cid? I found a few around $20 or so @ HF. I realize the engine is abt 400#s. Not sure how tall the oilpan is at it's lowest point vs at the front and back or how tall the dolly is.
Any one given this a try?? Would be great to be able to roll it around to do some servicing on it before the install.
Am trying to keep cost down.

Tnx for any wisdom on this matter.
Terry the little question box!

A dolly with a few woods blocks under front and back works fine. If you want to roll it around, be careful , it is seriously top-heavy. A strap or similar restraint is helpful.

.. frustrated with testing engine projects in car', fabbed a 'run stand' to work on running engine without installing.
. .

This one is pretty complete so it's no sb. It has the motor mounts bolted on so I'm thinking I can fab some sort wooden brace on ea side to stop it from tipping over. Great I'll order one, hopeful It will beat the engine here sometime next week.

Tnx Guys!
Terry

if U got a welder ur all set. Ck that same HF site or store. They gotem that run on household current now.
I've used shoppin crt bottoms (just removed the basket, nice 2 have a handle), the double milk crate wheeled 'pallet', actual pallets on saw horses, & alu or wood furniture pallets. powerband's 'blocks idea' is a goodun. The 2X4 screded to motor mounts is how 1 or 2 of my motors shipped here. Just B careful to test 1st (jiggle'n wiggle) as total trust must B won on merit.

W/the welder I built an assembly/test stand. Used some angle iron, put some castors on bottom to push outa the way cuz progress is so slo ($ & expertise). I may mock up the dodge 5 speed to the transfer & 250 stang motor over the nxt wk or so, just need 2 find a clutch.

crt ?? Cathode ray tube?? For you youngsters that's a picture tube out of a old skool tv or monitor.
I'm strictly Fred Flintstones (Allen Reed) here no welder or skills to use one. Wood is good!
Yabba Dabba Doo

Terry

U can't recognize a chance to buy a new tool? 8)
:LOL:
Learn by doin...
("o0OOPPps, thats hot!")
:oops: :devilish: :nono:

An old tire works great in a pinch. And you can still move it around with some effort, at least on concrete.

Back