AC Swap

Matthew68

Hi Folks,

I know someone who is doing a V8 swap in their vehicle. They are getting rid of their 79 Fairmont 6cyl engine. I have no need for the engine, but it does have AC and PS. I am curious as to what all, if any, of the AC components would easily swap into my Mustang? 1968 Mustang, 68 200 block with a 78 head.

He has the following: condenser, lines, brackets, pulleys, compressor, lines, vents, and heater box.

Is this an easy swap? Or is this more trouble than it's worth? Appreciate any insight. I'm not as interested in the PS, but if that, too, is an easy swap I can be swayed.

Cheers,
Matthew

I'd hafta C the bracketry, components, hoses, etc to B able to help.There's been some pic on here. Can U try the 'search' function - right top'o da page, below the big blue boxes? A minimum, look round local now, to find who makes up hoses as you'll most likely need new lengths (shorter or longer, different angle/style fittings?) idk. U can still get ready...

Min - get the brackets'n components...max everything inc the pulleys as they need to turn @ a specific speed (by diameter measurement).

I made up a monstrosity/frankenstein, what have U - for PS in my 170, will hafta do something switchin in the 250 soon. No PS in my era i6 bronk I don't believe (I may hafta rework the whole accessory/frnt of the 250 motor) becuz I have such big tires on the bronk. C if I can get a pic up here...

I understand "if header equipped" there's some trouble w/the flange up near the bracket. May have work-a-round on the 'tech archive' (w/pic!) above as well. I'll B re-lookin soon as I may have a min 6 items on pulleys. (PS, Alt/welder, sno plow pump, on-board air, HB/damper, H2O pump). One thing I did do in prep - was supply a 3 shiv HB in advance. I think I may need @ least 1 multi-pulley elsewhere & hope 2 avoid idler(s).
Keep talkin. (y)

Back