Ignition wiring schematic idea?

falcon_master

Hi everyone. I recently got a PerTronix ignitor electric ignition so I don't have to worry with points or anything like that. My question is I know if you leave the key on it will fry the module. My idea to fix this so I can have the key on to check things without destroying it is what if I bypass the ignition circuit and ostead of having the resistor wire go the the stock switch it goes to a under the dash toggle style switch. That way I can keep the key were ever I want as long as toggle switch is off the module won't fry. And the starter will still work off the stock switch

Sure you could do that if you want or you could also do as Ford did with their early cars like the Model A's in 1928 through into the early 1950's cars and trucks, they all had a seperate switch mounted either on the floor or a push button on the dash that engaged the starter motor. In any case pushing the starter without having the ignistion switch on would keep it from running, and what was old is now new again with some late model cars again using a seperate start button. Good luck (y) :nod:

Back