Performance 200 engine update

Robert92867

Supporter 2019
I took possession of my "new" engine last Saturday. It has a rare AU 250 2V head with a build to meet my goal of about 150 rear wheel horsepower. The new 4v intake is being shipped from AussieSpeed. Thanks to 1hotvega for working with me on this premium build.

Attachments

• IMG_3376.JPG
    IMG_3376.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 184
  • IMG_3394.JPG
    IMG_3394.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 184
  • IMG_3435.JPG
    IMG_3435.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 184
  • IMG_3448.JPG
    IMG_3448.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 184
Kooowell.
I like the dark "Ford Corporate Blue", my motor is the lighter blue of ur 'lift chains'.
How will the rest of engine, drivetrain B set up? (I C adj rockers, U say "4V Intake").

Aussiespeed sells a 4bbl intake specifically for the 250 2V iron head. The manifold intake ports match the head's, unlike the VI 4bbl manifold.

#4 rod cap could be on backwards...Numbers should be on same side, with the tang cutout for the bearings for the cap and rod on same side..Maybe it was resized that way..
I think bubba could help, he is knowable about this stuff..

now Y would the counter balances B so sm compared to on my 170's?
Signed,
Mr. "Still Learnin" Fuller

drag-200stang":1s75mqjc said:
#4 rod cap could be on backwards...Numbers should be on same side, with the tang cutout for the bearings for the cap and rod on same side..Maybe it was resized that way..
I think bubba could help, he is knowable about this stuff..

Yes that does look odd! And what does the other side of the rod look like? Hopefully they didn't remachine the rod with the cap on backwards. Sometimes random rods are replaced due to damage and numbers can end up being wrong too. I. E. Too many of one number cylinder and none of another. Good luck "Robert92867", engine should be a great performer if anything is done correctly. (y) :nod:

I agree of the above. I would like to see a full roller timing chain, instead of the silent link type.
What camshaft are you running?? Would like to see at least 1.6 rocker arms. Looking good.

Thanks for the comments. Of course I have pride of ownership, but what I was really hoping was that somebody would spot something that needs correcting. I will certainly delve into the rod cap issue.

Looking good with that Aussie head! Wish I had one for my 250. Can't wait to here more.

Does the assembly freewheel ok by hand?

I mixed up the #5 and #6 rod caps when I assembled mine. Fortunately it sat around long enough to get kind of tight turning it by hand and forced me to give it the 'once over' and I found my mistake before it went into the rig. Upon inspection the bearings' faying surface was rubbed enough on those two rods to prompt me replace those 2 bearings.

Back