Two dumb questions...

cmm24601

1. My aftermarket temp gauge stopped working. The sensor is in the thermostat housing. It worked fine for about 3 months and now dead. Does this happen? Is there a convenient way to test it? Engine is running fine.

2. On the 250, is the rear main seal different than the curved part of the oil pan casket? Still have a leak back there I can't seem to stop.

1. What kind of gauge electric or mechacnical?

2. Yes for sure the rear main seal is different then the pan gasket set.

Good luck (y) :nod:

Rear seal is at the least a trans drop and oil pan drop. Easier to replace on a stand, as you have to remove the rear main cap and loosen the other mains to be able to lift the crank away from the block to get to the block side of the 2 piece rear seal. There is a retaining pin inside the seal groove on the rear main cap, this has to be removed if going from a rope seal to a rubber seal.

I wouldn't expect much of aftermarket gauges, unless you payed top dollar for one that might still be under warranty.

Hook a extra ground wire on the gauge sender base as a test to see if it works again. :nod:

:unsure: If the sending unit has one wire it grounds through the sender body.So,if you used some type of thread sealer it could be insulating the body of the sending unit from grounding.
As suggested,run a wire from the body of the unit to the block or other ground spot and see if it starts working again.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

Back