What did the falcon handbook mean with "reliability issues"?

falcon_master

First off anated to state I'm not mad it might sound like it lol. Ok so I was readiing the falcon performance handbook and saw it says that the 4 main six's gave Ford some reliability problems. Is there anyone who has some info on what these problems we're as I'm building a 4 main block soon and would like to know if I should watch out or be aware of any reliability problems.
Thanks
Jarod

If you were to make it into a monster, then yes there would be reliability issues. I wouldnt be concerned with it. Most L6s have 4 main bearings like,

Chrysler slant 6
Previous Ford l6s (223, 215, etc)
I believe Studebakers
Older Chevys

Plus, if this is any consolidation, the ford flathead V8 is a 3 main bearing engine. Plenty of hot rodders make that thing scream.

Just dont worry about it and relax man. Get it rolling, drive it some, put some love into it, then see where you want to take the car (performance and upgrades and such). Enjoy the finest ford could produce... hahaha

Good Luck,
Ryan

Howdy Jarod:

I'm at a loss about Ford 6 reliability issues referenced in the Falcon Six Cylinder Handbook. Give me a page for reference and hopefully I can remember back when.

Adios, David

Back