Autolite 1100 check balls?

falcon_master

Hi everyone. So I was writing to say I did purchase my carb rebuild kit it should get here soon. But I was disassembling the old guy and notice I only had one check ball in it. It was in the accelerator pump hole. Am I supposed to have more than one in a carb and where could I get them if I needed to. Thanks. Another question is is it really necessary to have some gauges for oil pressure and water temp for this engine. I heard it's much better to use real gauges rather than a dummy light or a not very accurate gauge but it's gonna take some rigging to make work so I wanted to know if it was really worth it thanks

up to 4 on some I think...not up on that carb.
Go to Mike's "videos" on UTube.

He's great:

http://www.carburetor-parts.com/search. ... rch=search

shows 4 but not where they go. Search around the site 2 C exploded diagrams of where they R.
/OR/
His vid sez some R varable I think. His vids have helped millions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiOG__H2BM8

(that might B it, yes, it is but watch the series to observe the whole rebuild process. Buy frm him to support the great wrk he duz just like Matt w/VI). We wanna support the best!

It seems like the last rebuild kit I purchased came with check balls. I think there are a couple weights that do not come with the kit. Be careful you don't loose them.

I have a 63 Falcon 170 with that carb. 2 check balls are mandatory. A 3rd check ball is used if you have an auto trans, and a 4th check ball is used if you carb is on a 223 Parcel truck or 262 truck. This from my 63 Falcon Shop Manual. Hope this helps. Not sure how to post pics on this site, bit if you need them, we'll figure something out.

Just rebuilt my 1100 two weeks ago. The kit from Autozone came with three check balls. Mine was a 66 mustang though so I don't know if yours will be different. Ditto about the weights. The kit does not have those.
Lights only come on when its to late basically. Guages are definitely better because you can see a problem starting maybe. Hooking them up is pretty straight forward and not to difficult. Mechanical guages are better imho and easier to hook up than electric gauges. Less wiring with mechanical gauges too.

Back