chad

5K+
VIP
Supporter 2023
Supporter 2022
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2020
Supporter 2019
for my '69 stang 250 motor can I use a 302 WP pulley to get a 2 groove or...?

What 2 groove will fit this motor (Y/M/M plez'n thank you)?

Any 1 know if the GMB makes it intrude into a stock bronk 170 radiator?

Chad,
I tried a Windsor(302) pulley on a 73 mav. with a 250.That's when I discovered fan/water pump shim/ spacers.AND it was my first electric fan install after deciding not to cut fan spacer.
Still tinkering with the long and short 200 water pump( the CI 2 groove needs the long) on the 'chero to install AC.The long pump gets into the radiator,don't want to move the radiator....

didn't realize the GMB wuz recommended in the Handbook. Ol pump is gone so can't compair it to thisun.

Wonder if it's long, short or in the middle lol.

I'll have 6 shives on this motor, not sure how to wrk it out (wanna avoid an idler) but I'm thinkin I need a 2 grove on the WP.
Bracktery is in 1/2 doz places, need to go search it out...
Gettin a lill frustrated due to lack of time avail and wish to get runnin. I may just get it runnin & come back later (yeah, right) to get it how I need/want...

"... the CI 2 groove needs the long..."
1) OK, helpin me out again there Odessa! but duz the 200 have same pattern/spacing as my 250?
2) So some yr 302W fits the (73 Mav, 250) with spacer only - that means right pattern AND size...you say?
Thnx -
Also it seems I'll have a frnt bench seat in a wk for the bronk after abt a 10 yr search and frm a TX 'chero @ that!

Chad
IF I am remembering right,the 250 WP has 2 bolts and the 144-200 has 3.The later 200 WP is almost 1/2"(?) longer.Don't recllect the yr break. the 302 pulley had a bigger dia. and deeper nose(offset).I didn't have a selection of pulleys for 6's,so I used Moroso 64035 pulley shims to move the pulley out to match groove.This put the pulley almost flush with the centering dowel on WP and put the alloy front fan spacer into the radiator.Which is why I went elect. fan on this app.
Nowdays when I'm junkyarding,I take EVERY.LAST.PULLEY. AND.BRACKET.Mismatched pulleys are a pain.
In order to put the C.I. 2 groove on the 'chero,I will have to put these moroso shims in the same way and maybe have to mod the rad. support,which will interfere with the elect fan/evap. coil/hood latch.
But all that is after 8" swap,brand eecchh s10 swap,polara redo.These 30 somethings need guidance..
R

"... when I'm junkyarding,I take EVERY.LAST.PULLEY. AND.BRACKET..."
things have really changed round here.

Practlly no junk yrds anymore.
1st it wuz "No Prts over ten yrs old" around (went to the crusher). Then
No entry into yrds.
Next they became like a library...they have stacking equip/shelves 5 cars hi, sections by part and make/model/yr.
Back @ the shack puters tell em where ta go/if they got the prt...

U go in if they don't have it - they've made a deal w/another yrd (while U sit in a seat waitin) have it there in 15 min/a day/ or 3, U can't even tell they went thru this middle man. Never heard of junk yrd delivery but got a prt free delivery frm 1/2 hr away yrd last wk.

Again, tho - no prts over ten yrs old! 'S kinda different 4 dis ol fart.

"...to put the C.I. 2 groove on the 'chero,I will have to put these moroso shims..."
I'll go over fte'n C if prts dummy can find numbers for a 2shiv WP pulley. Thnx!

FTE results- - - -

1) Numbers Dummy's:
250 I-6 only installed in 1969/80 misc Ford/Merc Passenger Cars.
C9ZZ-8509-A .. Double Sheave Water Pump Pulley - 5 29/32" O.D. / Marked: C9ZE-A or B / Obsolete
1969/70 Fairlane/Torino/Mustang 250 I-6 with A/C
NOS PARTS LTD in Waxahachie TX has 1 = 972=937-2201.
MCDONALD OBSOLETE PARTS in Rockport IN has 1 = 812-359-4965.

2) Crop Duster's:
http://www.mustangtek.com/pulley/Pulley.html

I think if I usem together I'll B in clover soon.
We could use the "stangtech" on site (number 2) as it's extensive'n has pic? May B not - copy right or sopmin? Anyway free pickins till we get busted - story of my life
8^0

i've been to Ha's site, linked frm here.
U (He) provide some good info to add.
B4 I had nuttin...thinks improve!

ck out the stang teck link I just dropped (above urs).

I’ve tried to make a few different pulleys work with no luck. If you search for one for late model Maverick you may have luck. After quite a while found one on eBay but it took a while.

Gene

Hey, Gene,
Good 2 hear frm nother MA member even if frm the wrong enda da state.
:oops: :eek:opsie:

No, seriously. Thanks 4 the idea. I wanna avoid just that kinda thing.
Did U ck out the stang tech link - extensive, & pic too...

To be clear,a 302 pulley has a different pattern as well as dowel hole from 6's.But I have a drill and I modify everything.
you ought to see my modified mops for kitchen.

necessity - the mother of...

Back