69 mustang motor mounts

69stang_250

VIP
I know I have seen this said before, but can not find the topic when I search.
Anyways, I am looking at making or piecing together some motor mounts for my 69 mustang 250. As it is very hard to find replacement motor mounts. Have any of you guys used v8 frame mounts and made the engine mount brackets work? What do you guys think of using the Ron Morris motor mounts and making a bracket out of plate steel?
Also, how much can you lower the engine till it becomes an issue with the steering linkage?
I know I have read about that before, but cant for the life of me find it when I search the topics.

Thanks guys.

not sure this helps but...
I torched off bent8 towers to place an i6 in the bronk. (They sit up & R triangular in shape i.e [sub]^[/sub]) i6 Towers were added frm 1 of several spare frames.

Now B4 I place a hi deck 250 in (swap out the 1 or so inch lower 170) I've researched to find "Hey, wanna 'raise ur hood'? U need the late Mav. mounts." The pic below shows this lower profile frame tower. It shows it's matching motor mount as well (2 vertical holes 4 the '69 stang 250 motor, 2 for the flange on the Mav. frame tower).

I have the frame (rubber w/thru bolt for frame) tower (in 2 different sizes) shown. I have been unable to find the matching motor mount. I will use the earlier falcon/stang motor mount, slice off the lower rubber, place angel iron to either side & weld the 2 together. Hard mount (no rubber) is never recommended for engine placement. This avoids it. I am uncertain if this will, indeed, lower the motor (@ all) the needed amount ('raise the hood'). I'll just loosely bolt mount/tower to the motor & lower it in 2 C if new frame holes need drilling (as I've also changed out transmis for a 5 speed, have adapter on it and one on transfer case) don't wanna change DS length.

EDIT:
o0OPPp, pic did not come thru. C Bub's link, click on 1st link in it, scroll dwn to 6th pic.

"ask & ye shall receive"
only here, on ford6!
8^ )
(y)

User 66shelby2007

78Granada250inbeige1968Mustangbutcalled66shelby2007_05110003-1.jpg

78Granada250inbeige1968Mustang2007_05110002-1.jpg

He used the stock V8 68 cross member and V8 engine mounts with some iron angle on his 1978 250 Granada engine swap.

1969/1970 used center percussion mounts, so they are different to all others.

See Coupeboys 1968 set up for a 250.

viewtopic.php?t=72723

Back