Not over heating but bubbles in coolant?

falcon_master

Hi everyone. Recently I have made my faloxn drive under it's own power. It's been awesome except for two things. One the engine makes no power or revs, you guys told me to check the exhaust which I will do (it makes sense now maybe a blockage is why there's always such a bad exhaust leak where the header meets the exhaust pipe) and 2. I'm having some concerns on head gasket. My reasons for concern are 1. Bubbles in coolant and 2. Coolant looks contaminated but it might just be because the block is so dirty, I don't see any oil in it yet. But the bubbles really concerned me I will do a compression check later and post results

Hi, hopefully your block is just purging air, but bubbles in the coolant can mean a blown head gasket.
Do a compression test and write down the numbers.
Good luck

Great results. Cylinders
1. 142 PSI
2. 145 PSI
5. 150/151 ish
Spark plug readings
1. Rich sooty
2. Rich sooty
3. Tanish with whitish spots
4. Same as 3.
5. Darker but not to bad on the richer side
6. Same as 5.

Can you upload a picture of what yoy used to check the compression with? I have a compression gauge but i need an extension to get it so i can tighten it. Where can i get an extension?

falcon_master":2kzx5zyw said:
Great results. Cylinders
1. 142 PSI
2. 145 PSI
5. 150/151 ish
wet or dry?

Chad this was a cold try test. I just came out in the morning after it had been sitting pulled the plugs and tested. And as for the extension I'll get a picture later but just use a normal air hose with a male pressure fitting on one end for the guage and the threads to your spark plug hole on the other.

falcon_master":1o7oyj6m said:
Chad this was a cold try test.
Kouwell! That's the 1 comes out lower, right? Means ur up in excellect territory.

Is now the time to flush the collant system?
Ja get the breaks bled enuff?

U Go Jay-Rod !!!
(y)

falcon_master":h4yrlp2m said:
Hi everyone. Recently I have made my faloxn drive under it's own power. It's been awesome except for two things. One the engine makes no power or revs, you guys told me to check the exhaust which I will do (it makes sense now maybe a blockage is why there's always such a bad exhaust leak where the header meets the exhaust pipe) and 2. I'm having some concerns on head gasket. My reasons for concern are 1. Bubbles in coolant and 2. Coolant looks contaminated but it might just be because the block is so dirty, I don't see any oil in it yet. But the bubbles really concerned me I will do a compression check later and post results

Could numerous things to cause that air in the system, sticking T Stat, Head Gasket, etc. Couple things you can try, first warm up the engine real good then retorque all the head bolts in correct order and to spec. After that you need to flush out the cooling system real good, remove and check T Stat, rasie the front of the car so air comes out. After that try some KB block sealer if the head gasket isn't to bad yet it will seal it up. Instal a fresh T Stat and coolent. Good luck :nod: (y)

Back