HP/TQ @ RPM Specs 200 vs 250 ?

powerband

2K+
VIP
Is there reference info available:

Factory Rated HP and TQ @ X RPM.

Curious about RPM ratings 200 vs 250

I know change in HP ratings in early 70's confuses issue. '69 Mustang 250 ratings ?.

thanks

I think what U need's in the CI "tech archive" @ above crossed screw driver/wrench.
I seem 2 remember a black'n red chart w/that (among other specs - 170/144).

would you like me to search the whole site 4 U ?
well, here's a start. B back soon

ci/DynoRoom-2.html

Is this what you're looking for? torque is 240 hp is 155
FKCUoV.jpg

I have seen those specs like in the shop manual 240 torque and so on. Pretty sure the marketing department came up with that.

thanks, this is the page I needed for considerations in forced induction mods.

ci/DynoSwap.html

The specs on the 250 vs 200 are basically peak output @ 4,000 RPM (CI = 80HP - @ 3950) for the 250 vs 200 at @ 4900 RPM (87HP @ 4900RPM) with a simple 2Bbl adaptor and Holley 2300/350 CFM carb. Torque readings are @ 120 FP TQ @ 2600 RPM 250 vs @ 106 FP for the 200 at 3200 RPM. ( take your pick ...)
I am running a Vortech SC on a fairly stock 250, With stock 5.0 V8 2.88" pulley on the supercharger and a 'fabbed to fit' , 5.0 - 6.125" pulley on crank, the boost was lacking until above @ 3500 RPM with stock 250 running out of usable RPM . With a smaller 2.5" SC pulley , the boost is shifted significantly into the 250's RPM range versus where the V8 RPM the Vortech is more typically used.. Preliminary driving has available boost available now at any road speed once RPM reaches @ 2500 RPM . At cruise speed carb throttle is mostly closed, the boost is diverted 'blown off' through a suitable pressure relief valve unless throttle is opened. Opening throttle instantly transitions to available boost at that RPM.

Side effect is light detonation at peak RPM due to more boost which will need attention.

The available boost with the centrifugal SC is instantaneous at cruise speeds and needs no spool up being RPM dependent.

have fun

Glad 2 help.

ur very inventive on the pulleys'n bracktry.
I'll hit U up as I try to put the Premier under-hood welder and on-board air on the bronk...

Back