Autolite 2100 or 2150?

StarDiero75

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2018
Howdy guys,

I was looking for an Autolite 2100 that ill eventually do a direct mount on a 78'+ 200 head. After seeing a few pics online, it looks like i might've gotten an Autolite 2150. It came off a 71 F250 with a 390. I planned on rejetting it obviously.
Will it be an issue if i have the 2150 instead? It has a plunger on top in the air cleaner area which leads me to think its the 2150

Thanks guys,
Ryan

"...Will it be an issue..."
I think not.
However, if on in yrs ('80s) it might get into extra 'accessories' (vacumns, solinoids, etc).
Find the hand stamped on model numbers (side view of flange)...use Mike's Carbs to look up more info. He's even got pic'n vids.
HTH.

BTW: send me ur 32/36 when done! lol

chad":266ilry7 said:
"...Will it be an issue..."
I think not.
However, if on in yrs ('80s) it might get into extra 'accessories' (vacumns, solinoids, etc).
Find the hand stamped on model numbers (side view of flange)...use Mike's Carbs to look up more info. He's even got pic'n vids.
HTH.

BTW: send me ur 32/36 when done! lol
I picked up a Motorcraft 5200 which is the Motorcraft equivalent of the 32/36. I can clean and rejet it for you for a fee lol.

A 2150 will work OK but that one has large venturis coming off a 390. What is the size (cast into the body, probably a 1.08 or 1.12 or larger)? you would better off trying to jet a smaller venturi carb off a small block.

mustang6":2px3sn3t said:
A 2150 will work OK but that one has large venturis coming off a 390. What is the size (cast into the body, probably a 1.08 or 1.12 or larger)? you would better off trying to jet a smaller venturi carb off a small block.
Crap its a 1.21. What would be the issue with running the larger venturi? Slower air speed? More gas used?

Whats the size i should look for?

A 1.21 could be used depending on how you have your engine set up. If you've ported a large log head and intend to run higher RPMs, then it'll work fine. Otherwise you could go with a 1.08 or 1.14. I ran a 1.14 and it worked great.

cr_bobcat":3q97j8m9 said:
A 1.21 could be used depending on how you have your engine set up. If you've ported a large log head and intend to run higher RPMs, then it'll work fine. Otherwise you could go with a 1.08 or 1.14. I ran a 1.14 and it worked great.
Is it possible to counter the larger venturi with slightly smaller jets than what id usually use?

"...clean and rejet it ..."
as is would B beddah!
~ 01002 ~

howdy Back Ryan:

I've been AFK this week. A 1.21 from a '80 390 cu, in a pickup will be rich on your 200. You can jet down some but the idle and transition functions are internal. My brother had a 1.21 from a 351 V8 in a Mustang. It worked out fairly well. I'm not sure of a truck 390 carb. Try it and see, then you tell us.

Adios, David

CZLN6":271orhke said:
howdy Back Ryan:

I've been AFK this week. A 1.21 from a '80 390 cu, in a pickup will be rich on your 200. You can jet down some but the idle and transition functions are internal. My brother had a 1.21 from a 351 V8 in a Mustang. It worked out fairly well. I'm not sure of a truck 390 carb. Try it and see, then you tell us.

Adios, David
So i found out its a 1.21 from a 71' 360. Itll still be rich though. If i plan to turbo charge it, will this be the one i want, since it runs rich?

StarDiero75":3av07g4k said:
CZLN6":3av07g4k said:
howdy Back Ryan:

Adios, David
So i found out its a 1.21 from a 71' 360. Itll still be rich though. If i plan to turbo charge it, will this be the one i want, since it runs rich?
A carb works on suction,..the larger venturi designed for the 360 will suck more on the 360 and a smaller engine will suck less...It may or may not be rich, an air/fuel meter is the best way to know...Low speed drive ably could suffer because of the lower suction.

Back