67 Mustang - Help 1 Barrel to 2 Barrel Acc Linkage

thestang

Its been a while since i have been on here i moved to NJ with a bigger garage. I was able to do alot of work to my cars.

I need your guys help though. I just installed a holley cfm350 with the 1 to 2 barrel adapter. I do not know how i am going to make an accelerator linkage? is there one i can buy that is ready to go?

5mMta9.jpg

Hi, I used a Locar cable and it works great. I had to modify the outer cable holder at the carb to keep it from twisting. I have a 3 speed and don't have to hook up a kick down. Good luck

some remove the rod linkage'n replace w/a long cable (all the way to gas peddle); others - a short like B Ron; & some bend the rod and attach to carb. Thanks for the pic, this last method looks doable w/yours.

Do U have the manual many here use: "the Handbook"?
Can U use the site's search function (several threads some w/pic over the yrs)?

B RON CO":1vydu4m7 said:
Hi, I used a Location cable and it works great. I had to modify the outer cable holder at the carb to keep it from twisting. I have a 3 speed and don't have to hook up a kick down. Good luck

Whats a location cable

chad":ab3jwt02 said:
some remove the rod linkage'n replace w/a long cable (all the way to gas peddle); others - a short like B Ron; & some bend the rod and attach to carb. Thanks for the pic, this last method looks doable w/yours.

Do U have the manual many here use: "the Handbook"?
Can U use the site's search function (several threads some w/pic over the yrs)?

I do not have the handbook i have a few other manuals.

How you think i should bend it?

Hi, sorry, Locar is an after market cable company. I'll edit the post. Good luck

B RON CO":v23ihs93 said:
Hi, sorry, Locar is an after market cable company. I'll edit the post. Good luck

can you show me your setup? also which cable did you order id rather just mimic yours

lookin @ the pic it seems U can rig it up w/what U got.
Just B a lill inventive.
We gotta "grab the bull by the horns" and give it a try to get results.
U need bout 1 inch of 'connection' between the rod linkage (gas peddle) & carb's arm...

Theses '60s'n '70s vehicles can B kept runnin w/bailin twine'n chewin gum.
8^0

chad":3q40xozd said:
lookin @ the pic it seems U can rig it up w/what U got.
Just B a lill inventive.
We gotta "grab the bull by the horns" and give it a try to get results.
U need bout 1 inch of 'connection' between the rod linkage (gas peddle) & carb's arm...

Theses '60s'n '70s vehicles can B kept runnin w/bailin twine'n chewin gum.
8^0
Lol chad your funny. Give me ideas brother.

You can unscrew the post for the stock linkage and make a longer on out of a bolt or some rod and thread the end. It's 1/4-20 iirc. I don't know if that helps.

Hi, sorry it won't let me post a picture. I used the Locar throttle cable bracket srk 4001. PM me your phone number if you want me to text over a picture. Good luck

Econoline":3l9tfw8w said:
You can unscrew the post for the stock linkage and make a longer on out of a bolt or some rod and thread the end. It's 1/4-20 iirc. I don't know if that helps.

Hmm ima try something along that line. I just dont know what it needs to be connected to on the holley

thestang":3gwrs4mi said:
Econoline":3gwrs4mi said:

Hmm ima try something along that line. I just dont know what it needs to be connected to on the holley

Lol i went out and bought a lokar cable with a new chrome pedal.

Now i just have to figure out where i am going to plug the dizzy vacuum line? Any ideas?

There should be a vaccum port right on your new carb for the Distribitor, Good luck (y) :nod:

bubba22349":2pp2s08s said:
There should be a vaccum port right on your new carb for the Distribitor, Good luck (y) :nod:

Correct but which one my new carb doesnt have the vacuum feedlines on the back its a holley model 2300. It has other ports such as the times spark vacuum port

:unsure: I would need to see some pictures too tell you though on the Holley the ported vacuum for distributor is on the side of the carb it’s about 3/16 inch. In the above picture the rear of the carb port about 3/8 inch is for your PCV. Good luck (y) :nod:

"...Now i just have to figure out where i am going to plug the dizzy vacuum line? Any ideas?"

C "the Handbook" (u do have a copy!?!) for manifold v port vacuum.
Manifold is under the butterfly like the pic w/the rubber cap above.

All questions on "Falcon or ThriftPower" engines (& some ada models that carried the 'sm6' motors) can B answ by this lill reference.(The Ford Falcon 6 cyl Performance Handbook)
U can get it frm Matt at vintage inlines dot com ($20?) and while watin 4 delivery B sure to peruse the 'tech archive' above (at big blue box w/crossed screwdriver/wrench). Won't have 2 drop in here till havin real problems after researchin w/these 2 resources. Hurry back :D

bubba22349":2pgw357d said:
:unsure: I would need to see some pictures too tell you though on the Holley the ported vacuum for distributor is on the side of the carb it’s about 3/16 inch. In the above picture the rear of the carb port about 3/8 inch is for your PCV. Good luck (y) :nod:

My PCV? is that the plug thats on the valve cover? that connects to the intake manifold? what do i put in there then?

Back