2v conversion PROBLEM

64stangI6

I have a large hex log head off of a 1978 200cc engine that I am trying to do a 2v conversion on for my weber 32/36. I took it to a machinist, but he said the material on the log looks too thin to mill flat for the mounting plate. How do most people deal with this?? I have seen a few pictures of successful conversions, but I have found no one else with this problem.

You have to braze in all the low areas & soundrounding the mounting pad
Brazed20Log_zps52ekzbld.jpg

braze 1st (build up the low, as Bill states) then mill.
There R a few good pic around on a good job. There R more on a bad job.
Take him both, speak abt the difference. Seek another shop if he can't
do the better one. Some forge weld rather than braze (hi heat whole head).

Look to our geographicly organized "shop referals" forum. Their may B a better shop in ur area.

Welcome to the site. Look to "The Ford..6 cyl..Handbook" for guidance on all things i6.

Keep in touch w/how U do w/all this.

2v conversion is a great upgrade and early Mustangs are one of my favorites. Don't know your location but the previous owner of this site had a machinist in AZ somewhere that was doing 2v conversions. One of the members on here might know the contact details.

I dont mean to side track this thread, but how much does something like this cost? I plan to have it set up for an autolite 2100 with an adapter for a weber 32/36 so i can bolt either to it.

bmbm40":35m85cdh said:
2v conversion is a great upgrade and early Mustangs are one of my favorites. Don't know your location but the previous owner of this site had a machinist in AZ somewhere that was doing 2v conversions. One of the members on here might know the contact details.
If it wuz the guy who did MPGs (AZ) that was horrible...

Back