250 intake on a 200 ci

The intake manifold is cast into the head. The 250 head can be milled down to the cc's of the 200 head for better performance.

Hi, the heads will interchange, as will many other parts, but there are differences between years. Another difference is the later heads have a larger carb opening, so if you have an early engine the old carb won't fit.
Get the Ford Falcon Performance Handbook and learn more about your Ford 6.
Good luck

B RON CO":xk5ub39a said:
...Get the Ford Falcon 6 Cyl Performance Handbook and learn more about your Ford 6...
2X ^^^
Just bout any Q U have can B answ there or @ above "tech archive" (click onda blue box wida crossed screwdriver'n wrench @ top'o page).(y)
C'mo back w/any Qs...There R (not me!) some internationally renown experts on here re: these 6 different 'Falcon'/i6/TriftPower motors.
U can get "the Handbook" thru Matt @ vintage inlines dot com ($20?), but plez peruse the Classic Inlines (who started this site) archive while watin.

Do U do ur own wrk? Whats the rig used (80% of its time) as/for. Additionally, David (Schjeldahl & bro Dennis) author of the Handbook, has a staged plan laid out in the book for any1 wishing to drive while simultaneously improving performance (pep, handelin'n MPGs).

W E L C O M E !!!
to the site (& best forum on here) !

chad":2qd5w256 said:
B RON CO":2qd5w256 said:
...Get the Ford Falcon 6 Cyl Performance Handbook and learn more about your Ford 6...
2X ^^^
Just bout any Q U have can B answ there or @ above "tech archive" (click onda blue box wida crossed screwdriver'n wrench @ top'o page).(y)
C'mo back w/any Qs...There R (not me!) some internationally renown experts on here re: these 6 different 'Falcon'/i6/TriftPower motors.
U can get "the Handbook" thru Matt @ vintage inlines dot com ($20?), but plez peruse the Classic Inlines (who started this site) archive while watin.

Do U do ur own wrk? Whats the rig used (80% of its time) as/for. Additionally, David (Schjeldahl & bro Dennis) author of the Handbook, has a staged plan laid out in the book for any1 wishing to drive while simultaneously improving performance (pep, handelin'n MPGs).

W E L C O M E !!!
to the site (& best forum on here) !

Dear God ... An English class would do you well.
:banghead:

Howdy Kyle:

And welcome to The Forum. To answer your question in more detail, the 200 and 250 heads are identical, given the year of design and production. As Bill (wsa111) said, the intake manifold is integrally cast as part of the head, so swapping intake manifolds are not possible. Later heads had larger volume intake manifold capacity as well as other advantages over earlier head castings.

We'd like to be helpful to you but we will need more information about your situation. If you are looking for exchange options or upgrades we can help. Also reading through the past posts and archives will be helpful to you.

Are you new to Falcon sixes?

Again welcome.

Adios, David

"...An English class would do you well...."
Nah, 18 yrs school'n dat wha ya get (well some post graduate colleges too).
Enjoy!

Back