CYL. HEAD WELDING

That sounds like a good plan, I think you're going to need it real hot though. The last thing you want is the earth sucking it cold at night. File it hot and flux?

update.............
finally figured out how to make a CHEAP hot box or oven to preheat my head and reheat after welding on the cheap............
rounded up a 120 lb metal grease barrel which axle grease came in. gonna cut it to length of head plus 2 inchs of the length of my 250 head, then weld a thin metal end cap over the open end. then split the barrel length wise, weld 2 cheap hinges so haves can be rejoined opening n closing. use 1/2 in rebar to make a grate inside to hold head. cut a few air holes so charcoal will burn. fill it with large bag of charcoal, put some alum. foil on grate to keep head clean. screw in a couple eye bolts in head to pick up head when hot, use cherry picker. gonna do a dry run on a cracked head to try it out. also gonna have a friend use a propane weed burner on head while head is out during brazing. thoughts............

Back